Band Director Cover Letter
Band Directors oversee musical piece selection, musician preparation, instrument arrangement, and program direction for groups of musicians. With a keen musical ear as well as expertise in a vast array of instruments, Band Directors use these skills to create cohesive musical groups demonstrating instrument prowess and performance excellence.
Our collection of cover letters reveals the follows areas of strength to be significant:
- Instrument mastery
- Musical piece arrangement and composition
- Player audition and direction
- Performance preparation
- Concert and event coordination
- Conducting and performing
- Musician lessons and training
Below follows a sample cover letter for a Band Director with similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Band Director Resume Samples.
A good cover letter can make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to create one in our Cover Letter guide.
Dear Mr. Allen:
Music selection and arrangement, musician preparation, and program direction are all essential components to a successful career as a Band Director. As an accomplished professional with 12 years of experience leading all facets of band management for Minota Country Day School, I am well positioned to leverage my background and skills to excel in this role.
With experience planning and executing successful musical programs and activities within a private school setting—as well as the ability to build and maintain outstanding relationships with students, parents, and cross-departmental staff—I am committed to ensuring superior band events and optimizing musician experiences. Furthermore, my extensive experience in coordinating logistics for and participating in numerous concerts and music festivals is sure to render me an immediate asset to Evergreen Academy.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Directing comprehensive coordination, music selection, instrument arrangement, musician preparation, logistics, and conduction for the Minota Country Day School’s band for the past 12 years; leading band to recognition as the top-ranking “All-State Band” in Wisconsin for four consecutive years.
- Arranging music selections and performers for the marching band program, the jazz ensemble, and the annual Wisconsin State Band Festival.
- Designing and implementing individualized lesson studies for instrumental students to continually advance playing ability and improve performances.
- Contributing to musical and theatrical productions as an advisor, conductor, and pit performer.
- Earning ongoing recognition from Minota for unparalleled performance and dedication; regularly assuming increased responsibilities due to outstanding musical and leadership talents.
- Achieving Exceptional Performance Awards in 2010, 2012, and 2016 (selected by fellow staff members).
With my proven record of skillfully directing band events and programs, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Sonia A. Estrella