Automation Engineer Cover Letter
Automation Engineers are tasked with designing, developing and testing automated systems designed to complete a specific task. Automation Engineers are employed in a variety of industries, but the most common are car manufacturing and commercial food processing. Standard work activities include designing schematics for automation components using CAD software, Analyzing production processes to assess the best use of automation, managing supply chain issues and performing regular maintenance on automation equipment.
Here are some of the skills and accomplishments typically highlighted on an Automation Engineer cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in CAD software
- Proficiency in computer programming
- Manual dexterity
- Advanced understanding of robotics
- Detail orientated
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate
- technical information to non-technical stakeholders
- Communication skills
Below is a sample Automation Engineer cover letter that showcases some of these skills and accomplishments.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Automation Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Vo,
When I learned you were looking for an Automation Engineer, I wanted to submit my resume for consideration as soon as possible. As an Automation Engineer with eight years of experience designing and maintaining equipment used for the automation process, I think I have what it takes to help your organization.
My professional experience includes using CAD and CASE software to design automation equipment, and then sourcing and assembling the components of said equipment. I think the skills I have acquired through this experience can help Quest Engineering increase their bottom line.
Below are some of my most important qualifications and accomplishments:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Boston University
- Wrote quality assurance and machine operation requirements
- Calibrated and repaired automation equipment on a regular basis
- Conducted analysis of production process and developed automation solutions
- Presented automation proposals to non-technical stakeholders
While you may come across candidates with similar achievements, I don’t think many candidates possess my passion for robotics. I am fascinated by how developments in robotics have made massive advancements in automation possible. If you think my skills and passion would be an asset to your organization, then I would love to come in for an interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Tony D. Heyer