Attorney Cover Letter
Attorneys help their clients resolve legal issues. They are specialized in a variety of areas, such as criminal cases, property, real estate, patent, divorce, and so on. Specific duties of an Attorney include: consulting with clients, performing research, interviewing witnesses, investigating laws, arguing cases in court, drafting legal documents, and negotiating settlements.
An Attorney example cover letter emphasizes the following assets:
- Excellent legal knowledge and the ability to memorize complex information
- Persuasion and strong presentation skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Networking and interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Stamina and resilience
- Strong intellectual ability
- Adaptability and the ability to work under pressure
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter for Attorney showcasing comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Attorney Resume Samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Pietro:
As an accomplished and skilled Attorney with comprehensive experience in legal research, analysis, negotiation, and representation, I am well prepared to surpass your expectations. With this in mind, I invite your firm to consider the enclosed resume as you look to fulfill your need for an experienced Attorney.
My background encompasses providing extensive general practice legal services, specializing in a variety of areas including corporate law, real estate, tax law, estate planning, and bankruptcy claims. My demonstrated success in advising both individual and corporate clients on optimal legal planning and strategies—along with my expertise in contract negotiations and compliance issues—positions me to make a significant impact on your firm.
My qualifications include the following:
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and litigating contracts, leases, and a broad range of legal documents for multiple clients while effectively interpreting laws, rules, and regulations and analyzing probable outcomes.
- Representing clients in court and demonstrating proficiency in all civil and contract trial proceedings.
- Demonstrating persistence, persuasion, leadership, and superior communication skills to interact effectively with clients and provide an excellent level of service.
With my background in providing overarching legal guidance and support to a wide variety of clients—combined with my inherent understanding of legal contracts, negotiations, and proceedings—I am ready to provide outstanding service within your firm. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail.
Lorraine R. Chamberlaine