Assistant Restaurant Manager Cover Letter
Restaurant Assistants Manager are responsible for various operational and administrative duties in a dining facility. They may also coordinate the staff when the manager is not available and complete the following duties: maintaining calendars, developing schedules, training employees, ordering supplies, collecting payments, solving customer service issues, making sure tables and counters are clean, handling the cash register, greeting customers, and supervising food preparation.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Restaurant Assistant Manager, the most sought-after skills for this job include:
- Restaurant management experience
- Stamina and resilience to stress
- Problem-solving orientation
- Computer competences
- Decision-making and the ability to work under pressure
- Quality focus
Those interested in a Restaurant Assistant Manager career can check comparable skills and qualifications in the cover letter example provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Assistant Restaurant Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Tylor:
Upon discovering your posting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated professional with more than 10 years of experience in the food service sector, I am prepared to significantly contribute to Buglehorn Grill’s goals in this role.
My background includes supporting senior managers by leading operations, teams, and processes to drive business and customer service success for high-volume restaurants. From training new employees and maintaining supplies to assisting in food preparation and interacting directly with restaurant guests, I excel at coordinating staff, driving revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Receiving continual promotions during my time at Eagle’s Nest Bar & Restaurant due to recognition by upper management of my superior ability to oversee staff, training, and expense management.
- Hiring, training, developing, and supervising up to 21 staff members, including servers, bartenders, kitchen hands, and line cooks.
- Boosted employee morale through special staff events, team-building activities, and internal policy improvements and adjustments based on personnel feedback.
- Developed and introduced new marketing and promotional initiatives, realizing a 12% increase in breakfast and lunch business.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
My skills in team and operational leadership within busy restaurant environments have been proven, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to Buglehorn Grill. The chance to offer more information regarding my experience and qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Dana M. Smith