Artist Cover Letter
Artists create works of art using multiple media. Examples of media they employ include painting, drawing, collage, sculpture, film, and performance. Based on our collection of resumes for Artists, typical activities include generating and developing ideas, building pieces of work, and maintaining portfolios. Besides creating pieces of art, these professionals also need to handle deadlines, safety procedures, supplier relationship, research, publicity, financial planning, funding, and networking.
A sample cover letter for Artist should showcase the following qualifications:
- Artistic talent
- Excellent communication skills
- Determination and perseverance
- Research abilities
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Stamina and being able to work irregular hours
- Networking abilities
- Financial planning
Below is provided a cover letter example displaying comparable skills.
For more information on what it takes to be an Artist, check out our more complete Artist Job Description.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Artist Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Venice D. Stephenson
Bird Nest Design
Dear Ms. Stephenson:
Conceptual innovation, a robust work ethic, and creative portfolio management are all essential components to success in the art world. As a skilled professional with experience driving the development and completion of various successful artistic and design projects, I am positioned to make a significant impact within your organization as Bird Nest Design’s next Artist.
My background includes driving the design of forward-thinking artistic projects and services for a variety of clients. With expertise in diverse mediums such as pen-and-ink, painting, and sculpture, as well as proficiency in a variety of art / design software applications, I am confident that my talents will significantly benefit Bird Nest Design.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing artistic material design, creation, tone, and final execution to capture viewer interest while ensuring projects are completed on target and on deadline.
- Remaining up-to-date on current art trends and technical tools; leveraging innate passion for art and design to achieve success.
- Demonstrating excellent originality, creativity, networking, and communication talents.
- Possessing a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the University of Rhode Island; professional training in Adobe Creative Suite.
With my keen ability to evolve and complete conceptual art projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch artistic quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding service to your company. I look forward to discussing the position and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Minnie J. Bryant