Art Teacher Cover Letter
Art Teachers instruct students on a wide range of practical artistic techniques – such as drawing, painting, and multimedia, to name a few – as well as art history and theory. Art teachers are employed by public and private schools, as well as camps, museums and other organizations, teaching students of all ages.
Key Art teacher skills include the following:
- Knowledge of diverse art forms and techniques
- A deep understanding of art history and theory
- Oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to inspire creativity in others
Use the sample Art Teacher cover letter below as inspiration as you craft your own.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Art Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Eldridge:
I read of your need for a new Art teacher at Zeppelin Elementary School with great excitement. Please accept my cover letter and resume as an expression of my sincere interest in the position. I believe I have the skills and experience to meet and surpass your expectations for this role.
I am knowledgeable in many areas of visual expression, from painting and sculpture to photography and printmaking. I have inspired students how to complete watercolor, oil and acrylic paintings, create ceramic sculptures and sketch with charcoal pencils.
My teaching experience has been mostly at the middle school level, though I did teach art for several years at Dyson Elementary School. While there, I taught many young students to appreciate art and helped them to gain confidence in creating their own works. Two of my fifth-grade students took home top prizes in a school art competition during my second year at Dyson.
Below, I have listed my professional highlights that I feel best demonstrate my abilities and qualifications to assume the role of Art Teacher at your school:
- Assisted with the creation of an art program for disabled students at WestTech Academy
- Created and led summer camp art program for Appleton School for Visual Art, 2010-2014
- Improved student participation in school-wide art exhibition at Edgartown School District, which saw a 28 percent increase in submitted work during my tenure there
- Received Bachelor of Arts in Art Education from Colorado State University
- Maintain a Colorado Art Teacher Certification
I am passionate about teaching art to young students and introducing them to art forms they might not be familiar with. I bring strong organizational and motivational skills to my classroom and keep students engaged and help them build self-confidence in creating art. Several of my past students have gone on to study art history or art education at the college level.
My interest in this position is strengthened by your school’s level of commitment to its art program. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in person and am available for an interview at your convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Stacy J. Owens