Animal Caretaker Cover Letter
Animal Caretakers work in various settings and provide direct care to animals to maintain their optimal comfort, health and wellbeing. Typical tasks are feeding and watering, exercising, cleaning kennels/cages, administering medications and grooming. Physical strength, the ability to restrain animals when necessary, and outstanding communication skills are required for success in this position, as is an innate love of animals. Many Animal Caretakers also assist veterinarians during surgical/medical procedures.
Cover letters for this role often highlight skills like the following:
- Animal feeding/dietary restrictions
- Kennel cleaning and sanitization
- Walking and exercising animals
- Medication and treatment administration
- Records management/documentation
- Administrative/office assistance
- Relationship building
- Customer service
- Team collaboration
Below please find a sample cover letter for an Animal Caretaker with comparable abilities and qualifications noted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Animal Caretaker Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Arpin:
As a highly organized, caring and efficient professional with a variety of animal caretaking experience, complemented with solid interpersonal, problem-solving, and administrative support talents, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your organization’s goals and objectives as your next Animal Caregiver.
My background includes performing comprehensive tasks to meet the needs and requirements of animals while driving operational efficiency and productivity. With my proven skills in animal care and support, medical assistance, records management and customer service, I also excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers and encouraging effective communication while demonstrating a steadfast commitment to animal welfare excellence.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing overarching daily animal care as an Assistant with the Jacksonville Veterinary Clinic for the past four years, performing responsibilities including animal feeding/watering, coat brushing, walking and exercising, treatment/medication administration and kennel cleaning and sanitization.
- Aiding veterinarians and technicians during surgical procedures when requested.
- Volunteering at various animal shelters for the past nine years in diverse capacities to assist with adoption coordination, office support tasks, customer service, and general animal care and comfort.
- Ensuring top-level customer service and satisfaction, utilizing my personable and friendly demeanor to put animals at ease and build trust and loyalty with clinic clients.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while providing top-level prioritization, interpersonal and time management strengths.
My skills in animal care, general administration and organization, along with my dynamic collaborative abilities and my positive attitude and work ethic, position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional qualifications will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Stephanie Z. Monroe