Advertising Manager Cover Letter
Advertising managers oversee the creation, development, and management of strategic advertising and marketing initiatives designed to generate product and service interest, heighten brand exposure, and accelerate sales and revenue increases. Customary responsibilities held in this role include campaign development, collateral production, advertising sales, and team building and leadership. Strong presentation and communication talents are a boon in this position, and a deep knowledge of marketing, promotional, and advertising trends and techniques is required.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Campaign development and execution
- Creative strategy and media planning
- Traditional and digital advertising (print, online, outdoor, TV, radio)
- Brand development, awareness, and exposure
- Multimedia advertising sales
- C-level relationship building and maintenance
- Thought leadership
- KPI analysis
- Communication pieces and marketing collateral
- Team building, coaching, and leadership
- Customer relationship management
- Sales and revenue growth
- Market share penetration and growth
Below please find an example of a cover letter for an advertising manager detailing similar types of abilities, qualifications, and experience.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Ms. Hudson:
Success in the world of advertising requires perseverance, strategic long-term vision, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an accomplished advertising professional with an extensive history of success driving multimedia advertising sales, managing key business relationships, and facilitating drastic revenue increases, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next advertising manager.
My experience identifying pivotal advertising opportunities, achieving and exceeding goals, and managing strategic campaigns positions me to substantially impact your organization. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking advertising and marketing solutions, I excel at connecting with key decision-makers to build profitable and lasting partnerships leading to sustained revenue and business growth.
Following are highlights of my qualifications:
- Spearheading traditional and digital advertising initiatives for Red Roses for the past seven years as manager of advertising; creating, developing, and placing digital, TV, radio, outdoor, and print advertising to accelerate brand growth and awareness and support thought leadership
- Leveraging advertising and marketing success to grow annual sales revenue from $250K to more than $1.2M in just under five years
- Consistently developing and implementing aggressive and results-oriented advertising campaigns, communication pieces, media programs, and marketing collateral while driving strategic long-term planning efforts to propel achievement of company goals
- Realizing dramatic revenue growth through successful advertising partnerships with companies such as Conde Nast, Time Warner, Comcast, and Disney
- Pioneering the redesign of Red Roses’ corporate website, innovating new sources of digital advertising to boost online advertising revenue
- Leveraging expertise in multimedia advertising sales to enhance cross-functional sales and greatly boost revenue
- Demonstrating consistently superior relationship management, team leadership, and out-of-the-box strategy development talents throughout my career
My proven ability to oversee advertising strategies to generate revenue growth and realize substantial revenue increases characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills, combined with excellent communication and presentation talents, will allow me to greatly benefit your team. I look forward to discussing this position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Dane L. Pearcy