Admissions Coordinator Cover Letter
Admissions Coordinators are employed by medical facilities to implement admitting procedures. Essential work responsibilities for an Admissions Coordinator include collecting applicant information, screening applicants, solving patient dissatisfactions, marketing health care programs, interviewing patients and family members, explaining admission criteria, providing emotional support to patients, maintaining information confidentiality, giving tours to prospective clients, processing paperwork, and answering to client inquiries.
Those interested in an Admission Coordinator position should be able to demonstrate the following skills throughout their cover letters:
- Effective communication and good people skills
- Empathy and bedside manners
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Knowledge of coding and classification software
- Stamina and resilience
- A professional attitude
- Confidentiality and strong work ethics
- Customer service orientation
- Being able to explain complex information in an accessible manner
Comparable skills and experience can be seen in the Admissions Coordinator sample cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Admissions Coordinator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Lawley:
Upon learning of your search for an Admissions Coordinator to join your team at Silverlake Senior Living Community, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As a personable, customer-centric, and goal-driven professional with experience in orchestrating patient relocations and transitions into new living environments, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your facility in this role.
My background includes overseeing a full range of admissions responsibilities during my career as an Admissions Counselor with Skylark Nursing Home in Darrington. With strong inner motivation and superior interpersonal talents, I excel at communicating with referring healthcare institutions, identifying each patient’s unique needs and requirements, and supporting patients throughout the admissions and relocation process to ensure their utmost comfort, safety, and wellbeing.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Managing the inquiry and admissions process, providing prospective patients with a glimpse of facility life as well as a wealth of information through tours, personal visits and assessments, individual conversation, and effective follow-up strategies.
- Developing and implementing innovative sales and marketing initiatives for Skylark Nursing Home, breaking the record for census and occupancy levels 6 out of 7 quarters during my tenure.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with peers and management, demonstrating consistently exceptional organization, leadership, and problem-solving talents.
- Leading and championing a team of my peers to raise thousands of dollars in donations for the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Possessing an empathic bedside manner, basic computer competencies, and a rock-solid work ethic.
- Earning an Associate’s Degree in Health Information & Management from Rainier College.
With my strong background and my proven ability to meet admissions goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Silverlake Senior Living Community. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Donna J. Metzler