Admissions Assistant Cover Letter
Admissions Assistants facilitate the selection and admissions of applications to programs and organizations, often educational institutions. Providing a solid foundation of support in basic administrative functions, they also work alongside their peers and department managers to screen, process, and review applications and participate in the admissions decision-making process.
Successful cover letters for an Admissions Assistant typically include mention of skills and qualifications such as the following:
- Organization promotion and recruitment
- Sales and marketing knowledge
- Data entry/database management
- Applicant correspondence
- Reception/administrative support
- Relationship building and management
- Presentations and event coordination
Comparable abilities and qualifications can be found in the sample cover letter below.
Dear Mr. Tillery:
When I learned of your search for an Admissions Assistant, I was eager to submit my resume detailing my experience and credentials for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and motivated individual with a background in sales and marketing, solid experience in academic admissions, and a commitment to achieving organizational goals, I would be a valuable asset to your team in this role.
My background includes facilitating admissions initiatives, establishing positive relationships with prospective students, and leveraging outstanding communication skills to excel within goal-oriented environments. With strong inner motivation and superior organization talents, I excel at managing admissions desk activities, representing schools at special events, and connecting with a broad range of individuals to drive school interest and enrollment.
Highlights of my qualifications and background include the following:
- Success as an Admissions Representative for Jackson State University, serving as the first point of contact for the admissions office where I greeted guests, responded to incoming phone calls and email inquiries, maintained student databases, and completed various administrative tasks.
- Contributed to dynamic department meetings, serving as a voice for JSU students and assisting in application review and admission decision-making.
- Assisted in preparing admissions presentations for off-campus recruitment events.
- Outstanding research, analysis, and interpersonal abilities; superior written and verbal communication skills.
With my strong academic background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Louisville City College. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Cassie R. Cargill