Administrative Specialist Cover Letter
Administrative Specialists are responsible for office operations in an organization and need to complete their tasks in an accurate and timely manner. Employers select candidates who are able to complete the following work activities: answering phone calls, offering information to clients, organizing and attending meetings, updating records and maintaining filing systems, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, greeting guests, and facilitating communication between departments.
Based on our selection of sample cover letters for Administrative Specialist, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Organization and planning
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and detail orientation
- Time management and multitasking
- Work prioritization
- Computer proficiency
Those interested in an Administrative Specialist job can check relevant skills and abilities in the cover letter example provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Administrative Specialist Resume Samples.
Don't send your resume without a cover letter. Find out how to create a professional cover letter in our guide.
Dear Mr. Cox:
Upon learning of your posting for an Administrative Specialist, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled administrative professional with more than nine years of experience performing comprehensive support functions and coordinating office operations, I am positioned to make a significant contribution to your company in this role.
My background in developing office policies, generating business reports, and coordinating cross-department collaborations has prepared me to greatly impact The Randall Corporation. With my insightful ability to stimulate effective communication and organizational procedures, I excel at managing projects, orchestrating special events, and providing an exceptional level of service while partnering with all levels of management to support corporate goals and objectives.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Expertly supporting up to 18 senior-level staff members with a full range of administrative functions including correspondence, calendar management, document processing, special projects, records management, and travel arrangements.
- Achieving business-development efforts and facilitating communication between multiple departments for optimal efficiency.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while optimizing workflow and maximizing productivity.
- Demonstrating exceptional organization, time management, and editorial talents.
My skills in general office administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Denise L. Humphrey