Accounting Technician Cover Letter
Accounting Technicians are responsible for accountancy and financial duties in a company. These professionals can be found both in the public and private sectors and have the following responsibilities: administering payroll, completing tasks as assigned by managers, monitoring financial transactions, making sure the company complies with taxation legislation, processing invoices, using accountancy software, recording receipts, doing basic bookkeeping, and helping with the preparation of accounts.
A well-written cover letter for Accounting Technician usually mentions the following job skills and abilities:
- Business acumen
- Good numerical skills
- Self-motivation and discipline
- Being able to work under pressure
- Effective communication and good interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer competences and knowledge of relevant software
Below is displayed a cover letter sample showcasing similar Accounting Technician skills and responsibilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Accounting Technician Resume Samples.
Let employers know that you mean business, with a professional cover letter. Learn how to write a cover letter in our detailed guide.
Dear Mr. Mechling:
Upon review of your posting for an Accounting Technician, I am submitting my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience performing accounting and intercompany analysis tasks while facilitating general accounting responsibilities, I am confident of my ability to significantly benefit your company.
My background and expertise in leveraging SAP software to drive accounting operations has prepared me to excel in this role. With proven talents in processing invoices, processing payroll, preparing accurate documentation, and handling general accounting tasks, my additional strengths in cash management and reconciliation prepare me to thrive in this challenging position.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Spearheading intercompany invoice processing through SAP and Legacy system expertise in current role as an Accounting Technician for Bleeker Production; auditing and processing more than 250 vendor invoices each week.
- Entering purchase orders and invoicing data into technical accounting system while ensuring top-notch accuracy for all payments.
- Producing various accounting records and reports—including Form 1099, payments/checks, and invoices—on a monthly basis.
- Performing comprehensive general accounting functions such as reconciliation, general ledger, and payroll processing and discrepancy resolution.
- Achieving certification as an SAP Certified Solution Consultant in Financial Accounting ECC 6.0 Ehp4 and receiving comprehensive training in SAP Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Accounting, Treasury, and In-House Cash.
- Utilizing organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills to generate peak results and top performance levels.
With my experience in accounting operations and systems, coupled with my commitment to achieving accurate and timely results, I believe I can swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to talking with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Rose N. Wilson