Accountant Cover Letter
Accountants offer financial advice to a variety of clients. These professionals are specialized in multiple areas, such as management consultancy, audit, taxation, assurance, or insolvency. Specific duties of an Accountant include analyzing business plans, advising managers, preparing tax returns, administering payroll, writing reports, making financial predictions, interviewing clients, taking part in audits, and performing risk analysis.
A successful cover letter example resume for Accountant puts emphasis on the following qualifications:
- Business acumen and self-motivation
- Teamwork and collaboration
- The ability to manage deadlines
- Customer service and people skills
- Communication abilities
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of accountancy software
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving orientation
A cover letter for Accountant displaying similar qualifications is available below.
A well-crafted cover letter can be a powerful job search tool. Your Accountant cover letter should be brief and highlight some of your skills, experiences and accomplishments that are most relevant to the job. Check out the Accountant cover letter sample below for a bit of inspiration.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Accountant resume samples.
Improve your chances of getting noticed with a powerful cover letter. Take a look at our guide to create the best cover letter in 2019.
Dear Mr. Hernandez:
When I learned of Goodlines’s need for an Accountant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an accounting professional with more than 15 years of experience managing general accounting and reporting responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From generating and analyzing financial reports and overseeing account reconciliations to driving month-close processes and implementing effective financial policies, I excel in strategically performing all aspects of accounting operations. My demonstrated success in collaborating with peers to achieve top performance level—along with my expertise in Microsoft Excel, ADP, and Oracle—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization’s bottom line.Consider the following highlights of my experience include:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing accounting procedures, variance analyses, ad-hoc reports and projects, general ledger account tasks, and cost-reduction efforts to propel organizational performance.
- Ensuring all accounting procedures comply with internal and external regulations and policies, including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Driving the success of various financial analysis projects involving Excel pivot tables and spreadsheets through expertise in VLOOKUPS.
- Excelling within a time-sensitive, fast-paced atmosphere while implementing highly efficient and accurate procedures to maximize productivity; perform effectively within both independent and team-oriented environments.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my solid interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Angela L. Petry