Waiter Cover Letter
Waiters work in restaurants and are in charge for serving patrons food and drinks. Typical duties of a Waiter include greeting clients, offering menus, presenting specials, taking orders, serving food and beverages, collecting payment, and cleaning tables. Sometimes Waiters may be required to garnish dishes and prepare them for serving. As part of their job, Waiters have to check patron identification to make sure they meet age requirements.
A successful cover letter example for Waiter should highlight the following qualifications:
- Dexterity and stamina
- The ability to work in a standing position for long hours
- Teamworking skills
- Being able to do their job without supervision
- Flexibility and availability to work in shifts
- Selling skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and a well-groomed appearance
Below is provided an example cover letter for Waiter displaying comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Waiter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Paulson:
Upon review of your posting for a Waiter at Giselle’s, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic professional with 9 years of serving experience, I am prepared to make an immediate and positive impact on your restaurant in this position.
From taking customer orders and refilling glasses to setting tables and ensuring timely food and drink delivery, my experience has prepared me to excel as your new waiter. For the past nine years, I have provided excellent customer service in consecutive serving positions for both casual and fine dining establishments. My additional strengths in team collaboration, problem solving, and organization position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Serving as Head Waiter for Blue Wave Restaurant in San Diego and Skyline Fine Dining in Calabasas, as well as a Waiter for Cherry’s in multiple locations across the region.
- Greeting guests, informing them of specials and menu changes, answering customer questions, and collecting and processing payments.
- Training and coaching new servers while acting as a mentor to model restaurant procedures.
- Collaborating with peers and management to ensure outstanding levels of customer satisfaction.
- Earning consistent praise from restaurant management due to exceptional job performance.
With my excellent previous experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring optimal customer experiences, I could swiftly surpass your expectations as your new waiter. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.