TA Cover Letter
TAs or Teaching Assistants are instruction experts providing support to students with learning activities. This career is ideal for people who like working with children and making a positive difference in their lives. Essential work activities of a TA include: preparing teaching materials, reading to children, listening to children read, helping teachers with recordkeeping, coordinating group activities, supervising children on the playground, and managing classroom behavior.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for TA, job requirements for a TA include:
- Instruction abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Previous experience working with children
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Being able to handle challenging behavior
- Computer literacy
Below is displayed a cover letter example highlighting comparable TA qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive TA Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Nivens:
It is with great interest and enthusiasm that I submit the enclosed resume in response to your opening for a TA for your Economics 301 class. As an accomplished and self-motivated graduate student currently on track to earn my Master’s degree in Economics in 2017, I am well prepared to leverage my subject expertise—as well as my strong leadership, time management, and interpersonal skills—to make an immediate and positive impact on your students and classroom in this role.
Throughout my educational and professional background, I have earned continual recognition for strong organization and communication skills. Furthermore, I am routinely selected to serve in team leadership role on challenging academic projects requiring focused attention to detail and the ability to engage and connect with diverse personalities to achieve common goals. With these attributes in mind, coupled with my proven capacity to meet grading deadlines and help to develop course materials, I am sure to make a positive contribution to your class.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Assisting Professor Brockman in the 2014-2015 academic year in his Introduction to Economics class, delivering instructional lectures, giving and grading assignments, organizing exams, and evaluating student performances to give Dr. Brockman appropriate feedback and comprehensive classroom support.
- Participating in research projects involving both high-level faculty as well as student peers; recently receiving a “Revise and Resubmit” response to a collaborative academic paper submission from the coveted Economics Today journal.
- Excelling within multitasking environments while maintaining focus on maximum organization and student enjoyment.
- Receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Economics with a cumulative GPA of 3.91.
With my previous experience and commitment to success, I am well prepared to thrive in a TA position in your class and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing what I can offer in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Neil J. Gothard