System Administrator Cover Letter
System Administrators are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of network and computer systems. Typical work activities of System Administrators include installing hardware and software, fixing hardware and software issues, constructing and testing the functionality of internal networks, educating users on using new software and hardware, installing software updates, documenting network issues and managing IT staff. When looking through our collection of System Administrator resumes, you’ll notice the following requirements are featured:
- Educational Background in IT Management or some Computer Science
- At least three years of IT experience
- Ability to diagnose and solve system problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to hardwire a network
- Keen attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Management skills
Below is an example of a Systems Administrator cover letter that highlights these skills and competencies.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive System Administrator Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Hagar,
I am writing you to apply to the position of Systems Administrator. I have 7-plus years of experience overseeing the operations of business systems relevant to your organization’s niche, and I think the skills I’ve amassed through this experience make me a great fit for Starlin Technologies.
My professional experience includes diagnosing and addressing complex network issues, hardwiring entire company networks, maintaining the highest level of network security and educating users on the latest system updates.
Here are the skills and qualifications I think make me the optimal Systems Administrator candidate:
- Developed and implemented custom system solution during time at Rowlan Technologies
- Created extensive maintenance regimen and Standard Operating Procedures for IT staff
- Facilitated regular system education seminars for employees from entry-level to C-suite
- Maintained highest level of System security based on most current IT security trends
- Regularly presented system status updates to non-technical stakeholders
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Duke University
My educational background and systems administration experience are just part of what makes me a good candidate for your organization. My keen attention to detail and ability to manage my time are two skills I’ve mastered during my time at Rowlan Technologies.
I would love to discuss an opportunity to bring my talents to Starlin Technologies and help your organization succeed. I look forward to your call or email.
Joshua R. Simmons