Software Developer Cover Letter
Software Developers create and test software used to run computer applications and systems. They design programs for desktop or laptop computers or applications for tablets. They are generally involved in all aspects of systems or software design, from prototype to implementation. In addition, Software Developers modify software and fix any programming errors. It is also up to Software Developers to complete documentation about the system or software they have designed, which describes coding and testing processes.
Cover letters for Software Developers are likely to mention the following skills:
- Understanding of coding and programming languages
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Oral and written communication abilities
Below you will find a Software Developer sample cover letter that focuses on required skills and capabilities that should be outlined in this type of document.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Software Developer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Roberson:
Enclosed please find my resume, which I am sending in response to your recent ad for a Software Developer. I have extensive experience in software programming and design and I feel that my professional and educational background will satisfy the requirements of this position.
I have consistently met the challenges presented in this field over the past ten years as a professional Software Developer. My attention to detail, organizational skills and strong communication abilities have allowed me to lead software development teams and ensure the success of each project assigned to me. I have worked in both Unix and Linux environments and am skilled in T-SQL and MS SQL programming as well as C/C++. I also possess functional knowledge of C# and Java and have worked with Agile methods.
The following highlights my experience and abilities:
- Analyzed and updated many in-house applications for Ramjet, Inc.
- Created a global e-commerce platform for Gyroscope Systems
- Led a team of three developers to create and implement object-oriented applications for Comb Technologies
- Oversaw integration of web services with Firefly clients for Black Spherix Systems
- Certifications in C and C++
- Certified Software Tester (CSTE) and Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Awarded Master of Science in Computer Science from Columbia University
In the position you are offering, I will continue to bring my leadership, troubleshooting and problem solving skills to ensure the timely completion of all assignments and guarantee company success and customer satisfaction. I look forward to speaking with you about my background and qualifications at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.