School Nurse Cover Letter
School Nurses are in charge for ensuring students’ overall health and well-being. Besides providing basic health services like they did in the past School Nurses nowadays are also required to perform health screenings, refer students to healthcare providers, liaise between school and parents, collaborate with other school staff, educate students on health topics, monitor immunizations, apply infection control measures, and assist families with obtaining health insurance.
Typical cover letter samples for School Nurses usually mention the following qualifications:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Observational skills
- Infection control
- Organization and planning
- Knowledge of contemporary topics such as adolescent pregnancy prevention
- An approachable manner
- Computer literacy
Similar School Nurse qualifications are visible in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive School Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Vestal:
As a skilled nurse with more than nine years of experience providing comprehensive healthcare services to a wide variety of students, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your opening for a new School Nurse. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist Lakedale Middle School in meeting—and exceeding—its student health goals.
My background includes providing primary care services, evaluating common illnesses and injuries, monitoring patient progress, and communicating with various cross-functional individuals to coordinate all aspects of student care. Performing physical exams, developing customized care plans, and maintaining detailed records are just a few of many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate student care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Delivering comprehensive nursing support to students during tenure as a school nurse at Ridgemont High School, maintaining strict confidentiality and respecting diverse ethnicities, sexual orientations, and religious beliefs.
- Providing medical services and exams to teenage patients; performing physicals, reviewing and interpreting medical histories, and evaluating results to identify concerns and implement appropriate treatment plans.
- Administering medications and assisting with managing ongoing special healthcare needs such as asthma, diabetes, and allergies.
- Holding a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from the University of Kalamazoo.
With my expertise in managing student healthcare and support, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your school and provide best-practice nursing care for your students. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to hearing from you.
Flora G. Watt