Corporate Controller/vp of Finance
Part of Key Executive Corporate Management team responsible for implementation of cost reductions in production, cost management, and materials management that resulted in savings of $1,000,000 dollars annually
- Led corporate finance team of retail yacht sales and yacht manufacturing with a focus on providing strategic analysis to Group Chief Executive Officer
- Reviewed and prepared international financial statements including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow in compliance with IAS
- Analyzed and corrected bill of materials for all yacht models that ultimately resulted in identifying several discrepancies and an executive decision to increase the retail sales price in 2014 by 10%
- Prepared and participated in mergers and acquisition negotiations and assessment of business value and growth prospects
at this job
CFO & VP of Finance
Promoted to oversee all aspects of finance, accounting, HR, IT, and web operations. Sat on Boards of both non-profit and Chinese publishing company. Supervised 10 direct reports. Established and maintained $30 million annual corporate budget. Co-led annual corporate strategic planning process. Accountable for long and short-term financial projections.
- Successfully led company during one-year CEO transition that included planning and executing sale of $6 million division and negotiating $3.6 million accounts payable via three, five, and seven year notes.
- Turned around $7.5 million division losing $500,000 annually to $300,000 in profits in two years by shifting product mix.
- Generated higher margins by working with sales team to refocus on more profitable accounts.
- Led successful negotiations to secure $2.5 million long-term credit during period of declining revenues.
- Developed and implemented Product Group P&Ls to help product managers better identify areas of improvement.
- Scored highest in annual employee satisfaction survey all eight years by tracking and managing all finance and operation departments.
at this job
Cfo/vp of Finance
Key Responsibility: Managing the accounting and financial departments a credit union with assets over $225M.
- Successfully led the organization through a merger involving combining balance sheets, valuation accounting, and all other financial and accounting aspects needed through the merger.
- Created in-depth financial analysis that gave the management team a much stronger look at the loan portfolio and enabled rate changes which resulted in additional $150k a month of additional interest.
- Streamlined processes enabling the department to reduce 1 FTE and reduced the time needed to do month end closing tasks by over 60%.
- Discovered and notified management team to material discrepancies in acquired credit union's balance sheet which required quick entries to ensure financial accuracy.
- Created several high level financial templates to assist management in decision-making including cost of funds calculators and credit risk evaluators which enabled the credit union to continue growing net profit to record highs.
at this job
Director of Sales & Marketing and VP of Finance
Transitioned the company from small to medium size customers to very large customers.
- Analyzed pricing structure to make all products profitable to the company. Some products needed a 20% price increase to be profitable. Did a cost analysis on other products to adjust profitability. The company became profitable within six months.
- Changed approach to sales by reducing outside sales reps and hiring full time sales personnel. Savings were in excess of $100,000 per year.
- Displayed products at large trade shows for more customer awareness and improved the website.
- Above changes increased sales by 41% and brought the company from a loss to a 9% pretax profit.
- Made internal changes by changing company software, computers and telephone system. Staffing was reduced by 1/3, software was up to date saving over $50,000 per year in outside service charges and improved response time for answering telephone calls.
- Took on responsibility for HR, all accounting functions, customer service which reduced manpower by 20%. Also eliminated outside services for W2, 941 and other payroll tax preparations.
- Was named on a patented product due to involvement in material selection, lab testing and legal interface.
at this job
VP of Finance
Enthusiastic leader in all aspects of accounting operations, financial planning, reporting, and human resources for a financial software and services company. Key player in growing the company from $1M in 2007 to $58M in revenue in 2012. Managed a high performing team of 6 direct reports, as well as 12 indirect reports. Oversaw all vendor contracts and relationships, including legal, tax and audit. Collaborated with over 20 department leads on forecasting financial objectives.
- Built entire finance department from the ground up, including hiring, developing, coaching, and consistently challenging the team to step outside their comfort zone and test the status quo.
- Proactively streamlined processes and redistributed tasks not only to gain efficiencies, but to ensure the team was appropriately challenged to do their best work.
- Raised the operational effectiveness of the organization, focusing on sales, with the design and installation of a Customer Relationship Management system.
- Developed and delivered financial presentations of the current financial position to investment bankers and venture capital firms.
- Created a dynamic budgeting & planning process with a focus on flexibility during rapid growth and constant rapid change across the company.
- Orchestrated an organizational restructure, resulting in a reduction of labor costs of $100K per month.
- Established strong controls over cash, payroll, A/R, A/P, and financial reporting.
- Streamlined accounting close process to a three day close, designed accounting workflow to optimize cash flow. Also achieved and maintained a DSO of less than 30 days.
- Successfully managed the financial aspect of merging two separate companies into one parent company and subsequently selling one of these for a profit of $15M.
- Produced a balanced scorecard used to measure business trends, and provide the executive team a one page health meter.
at this job
VP of Finance & Administration
Senior Financial Executive responsible for 16 Departments including budget/controller, A/P, A/R, payroll and human resources, collections, Perkins loan, purchasing, bookstore, physical plant, bookstore, physical plant, security, food services, computer services, and auxiliary enterprises.
- Implemented new mainframe computer system that allowed for campus wide departmental interaction.
- Successfully orchestrated financing for a $3.2M building capital campaign.
- Developed and implemented (1) procedures to reduce Perkins loan default rate from 17.9% to 8.9% in 11 months, (2) Implemented University first fixed asset inventory in 7 years, (3) University's first 12 month rolling cash flow projection, and (4) University's first salary database, along with evaluating the University's infrastructure.
- Developed thorough budget to actual analysis reviewed by the University's Board of Trustees.
- Decreased expenditures through successful negotiation of the University's insurance and security contracts.
- Developed University's first 6 year rolling budget and forecasting projections.
at this job
VP of Finance
- Directly served as a member of the management team that oversaw the daily monitoring and organization of a successful retail sporting goods store.
- Developed leadership skills by pulling a company out of bankruptcy by reorganizing and rebranding into a franchised based wholesale distributor.
- Personally administered the benefits program for employees, and monitored all Worker’s Compensation benefits and costs.
- Successfully increased revenue to over $60 million within three years, and increased the cash flow by eliminating unprofitable private label and brand products.
- Developed internal control programs to enhance financial controls and ensure compliance to policies and procedures for both corporation and non-profit organization.
at this job
VP of Finance & Operations
Leadership/Strategic Team Member responsible for directing and managing Accounting and Operations Departments supporting sales growth from $7 million to $37 million.
- Designed and implemented budget, forecasting, and cash management processes.
- Prepared financial statements, maintained cash flow, and supervised annual financial audits.
- Directed and supervised $500,000 upper-level building remodel.
- Implemented 40lK, profit sharing, and cafeteria plans.
- Supervised Human Resource and Payroll processes.
- Managed $1million inventory line and coordinated overseas wire transfers.
at this job
VP of Finance and Administration
A leader in asphalt and concrete management systems in S. California. A $20 million closely held C Corporation with 60+ employees. All legal and financial accounting areas including period and annual closings, plus all Treasury and internal/external Banking and Financial reporting plus HR/Payroll, supervising a staff of five. Corporate Secretary/CFO/VP and member of the Board of Directors.
- Instituted working capital controls, eliminating late fees and bank overdrafts by restructuring and retraining both the A/R and A/P processes, reducing working capital needs while repairing past credit issues and establishing favorable terms with our vendors.
- Successfully negotiated new operating and equipment lines of credit, increasing fixed assets by four fold and decreasing COGS by 3%.
- Controlled all contract negotiations and litigation issues building long term relationships as well as protecting the company's interests by enforcing a strong Preliminary Lien policy, including interfacing with lawyers and appearing in court to assure collection of funds.
- Improved accounting systems to handle 35% annual growth with rock solid reporting while completing a companywide computer conversion, creating new operations reports, providing detailed insight into costs, allowing targeted responses to changes in the marketplace.
at this job
VP of Finance & Controller
Responsible for the supervision of accounting, daily units processing and administration departmental functions of the Dallas of publicly held homebuilder. Report to the Division President. Acted as Controller of Austin and Houston Divisions for a year and a half.
- Prepared financial reports and quarterly budgets for division that accounted for up to 660 closings and $200M in revenue per year.
- Presented financial results and business plan to Sr. Management.
- Supervised software conversion from Lloyds Home Building Software to JD Edwards.
- Oversaw operations and prepared financial statements of SPH Title, SPH Mortgage and five development Joint Venture companies including obtaining financing and managing loan draws.
- Improved internal audit ranking among divisions from 23 out of 23 to first.
- Managed 10 employees including Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager, Office Manager, Director of Daily Units Processing and Human Resources Manager.
- Coordinate legal issues with outside and corporate counsel.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.