Operational Excellence/qa Director
Improved product development effectiveness across company by deploying design for Six Sigma methodology and tools. Coordinated and collaborated with Sigma Breakthrough Technologies, Inc. (SBTI) outside Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) consultants, designing Six Sigma training. Coached Black Belts in training on development projects. Tracked development metrics, analyzed, and reported to executive staff with recommended actions for enhancement in development process. Defined and implemented one product development process used in up to ten product lines.
- Implemented Six Sigma design methodology and tool training, using outside consultants for global training.
- Increased robustness of projects from business and project execution results.
- Analyzed product data and recommended improvements for product line.
- Facilitated development sites across company completing training from Taiwan, China, and U.S., realizing beginning of significant cash flow from projects.
- Defined/reported standard set of metrics to measure development performance by product line with analysis data.
- Trained on voice of customer tools to enable better defined products to drive more financially successful products.
at this job
Responsible for coordinating, organizing and leading all Quality Assurance activities (onshore and offshore) over 200 resources (employees and consultants) for supply chain, CRM and merchandising projects.
- Ensure repeatable test strategies and approaches are in place, guiding efforts to build Regression Test Case repository, leading resources to meet project goals.
- Manage the allocated finances for QA efforts (over $40 million in 2012) for all assigned projects, partnering with development, business, and service provider teams.
- Established vision for Quality Assurance team and drive quality initiatives across all quality assurance teams within QAS organization.
- Promote overall quality goals and achievements across the company and educated team members on Quality Assurance principles.
- Define overall testing strategy and test processes for new and existing product lines.
- Enforced well-designed and efficient automation and performance testing processes.
at this job
Defined and Implemented startup QA process for mobile solution software development.
- Created job descriptions, and established interview and testing practices for junior QA
- Managed small staff of 3 direct reports
- Performed "Scrum Master" role on multiple sprints for concurrent customer projects.
- Created test scripts to be used by developers in TDD as a roadmap to the business processes
- Tested applications developed with a proprietary scripting language running on .NET framework. Also supported software developed in C++, C#, and Java.
- Executed testing in multiple environments: Desktop - Windows Server 2003; SQL Server 2005; Mobile Device - SQL CE
- Utilized Team Foundation Server 2005, Sharepoint, MS Project, Remote Desktop, VMWare Server Console to manage and execute QA processes.
at this job
QA Director, Unitedhealth Care Specialty Benefits - Vision & FPS
Promoted to QA Director to rapidly build QA team from ground up for fast-growing Vision business
- Directed and coached QA team, deploying over $6M capital and $2M small enhancement projects in 2010. QA team size fluctuated based on project demand; up to 34 direct reports at peak consisting of QA Leads (on-shore) and QA Testers (off-shore/India)
- Provided estimates, schedules, resources, and oversight for all projects to ensure quality deliverables
- Established annual Deployment/Release Calendar (collaborating with IT, SA and DEV Directors) depicting all milestones and deliverables throughout entire Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Instituted User Acceptance Testing policies and procedures with Vision business partners, overcoming cultural resistance
- Acquired Financial Protection Services (FPS) QA team during reorganization in early 2012, testing and supporting approximately 22 additional applications
at this job
Sales/cs/qa Director - Partner
- Oversaw daily operations and managed staff of 15. Duties included: Hiring, training, payroll, scheduling, employees' personal issues, designing incentives, purchasing, delegation, close sales contracts, and negotiations
- Worked with contributing vendors, fulfillment companies generating MQL, SQL, SAL
- Collaborated with largest Time Share Developer generating over $5M in closing annual
- Developed strategies daily to increase sales production: Motivational techniques, researched new lead sources, and email distribution
- Consistently exceeded sales/marketing revenue resulting in APG (Annual Performance Goal) bonus
- Wrote operational tools such as sales scripts, customer service, retention, and training manuals
- Handled account retention re-cooping 30% of potential loss, re-establishing customer loyalty which ensured satisfaction
at this job
Established the QA department with the mission of fostering an information network that provides timely test results to make informed decisions, assist with training, and contribute to system maintenance.
- Created documentation to clearly enumerate the services provided by QA
- Presented a written proposal and justified the return of investment to purchase SilkTest, an automated testing software solution that resulted in not having to increase the QA staff
- Developed test management to provide a process-driven approach for planning, documenting and managing the entire testing process using SilkTest.
- Provided leadership as interim director of Research and Development thus preventing any missed deadlines until the position was filled.
- Served in dual role as lead customer support specialist offering uncompromising customer specific support.
- Created online training modules using Camtasia that resulted in reduced support calls.
at this job
Responsible for creating and building a top-notch, Quality Assurance Department
- Creation and implementation of a QA Methodology, Test Management Plan, Defect Management Plan, Code Migration Plan, test scripts, automation, overall test policies and procedures and Workflow Processes
- Created and documented the "Build and Release" procedures used at BlackDragon
- Implemented and maintained a product-level testing environment including hardware and software
- Forecasted, trained, mentored and built up QA personnel to work and grow as a team
- Determined appropriate tools and environments for automated functional and performance testing
at this job
QA Director - Consultant
Assessed QA needs and prepared QA team/function recommendation
- Recruited and hired 3 SQA engineers
- Improved integration of QA team into software development projects
- Led several process improvement initiatives
- Implemented new defect tracking system and preparing company-wide training
at this job
Sr. IT Project Manager / QA Director
Work closely with management, end users, project stakeholders, and project owners to ensure on time delivery of all assigned projects within budget.
- Established project management practices that increased efficiency of project team.
- Managed relationship with clients driving repeat business and add-on work for existing projects.
- Responsible for managing internal and external projects, implementing project plan, establishing timelines, identifying risk, maintaining budget and communicating with customers.
- Develop and implement QA policies and procedures to ensure product and projects can be measured against requirements
- Develop, implement and manage Change Control policies and procedures.
- Professional development courses on ITIL Service Management
- Implemented the use of AGILE development on all new projects using the SCRUM methodology.
at this job
Start-up Company's quality organization infrastructure with Document Control System , Quality Policy, Quality System, TQM per QSR, cGMP with 21 CFR Part 820 guidelines to set the overall intention and direction of the organization with respect to quality, Ensure policy understood, implemented and maintained. Responsible for all activities involving quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure quality standards in compliance with relevant regulatory and quality guidelines.
- Implemented the QMS per ISO 13485 and QSR with quality tools, Incoming material control process per AQL sampling plan, first article process, ECR process, Calibration / Validation, Document Control System , MRB, NCR process, Supplier SCAR process, Training system, CAPA corrective action preventive action process , ECO, NCR, deviation and risk assessment per FMEA.
- Participated in design controls process to ensure all gate reviews are being followed; Design Input, Output, Review, Verification, Validation, Changes, Transfers checkpoints and design history records per FDA 21 CFR 820.30. Worked with manufacturing on quality yield improvements, process and equipment's validation, SOP's, Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) to determine risk on reliability and safety of the device. Managed the stability of the Plasma / Reagent activities and oversee raw materials incoming inspections per sampling plan, First article approval, WIP, finished product and approved stability analysis data and protocols.
- Participated in 510 K (Pre-market Notification), CLIA trail and Device listing registration with FDA and follow-up. Chaired the quality management review meetings, follow up CAPA open issues, chair the MRB meeting process and ISO timeliness projects. Implemented supplier evaluation process, supplier's survey / audits, AVL process, supplier selection, supplier corrective action by SCAR and JIT deliveries. Managed the global supplier performance rating, negotiation and JIT deliveries.
- Responsible for managing company's Adverse Event reporting and Complaint by CAPA processes, including failure investigation tracking and trending activities, reporting, and CAPA implementation effectiveness. Established, monitors, and improves company's quality management system; develops and implements internal audits and external audits of raw material suppliers, contractors, collaborators, and other relevant organizations as needed.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.