Developed and managed core teams to evaluate customer requirements and produce technical responses to formal requests for proposals from current and potential customers.
- Created marketing tools to showcase our company's skills and abilities to effectively influence project awards from multiple new and existing customers. Resulted in multi-million dollar project awards, spanning several years.
- Created marketing tools to successfully promote and grow new services. Resulted in $2-3M in project awards.
- Assembled the best team members to respond to customer requests, coordinated and facilitated all meetings, determined action items for each member, set deadlines and reviewed deliverables.
- Produced on-time professional deliverables, assembled in an efficient, well organized, user friendly package.
- Assessed the potential risks associated for our company and incorporated the Legal and Executive Management teams as necessary.
at this job
Senior Proposal Engineer / Network Design
Responsible for providing leadership, technical direction, training and guidance in the products and processes of Optical Networks to Proposal Engineering team members. Worked closely with sales, marketing and the customer to meet customer's network implementation plans.
- Developed detailed proposals for broadband products, which include front end engineering, detailed equipment lists, pricing, network descriptions, diagrams, financial worksheets, etc.
- Increased departmental efficiency and response time through development of strategic equipment models for 1 day pricing turn-around
- Coordinated and project managed large RFP's and RFQ's (GTE, Sprint, SBC)
- Successfully integrated the support for the Emerging Market segment into Proposal Engineering processes, while serving as interim manager for the Proposal Engineering team
- Increased departmental efficiency through development of network design tools as part of a collaborative team
- Mentored, trained and assisted junior members in the department
at this job
Senior Proposal Engineer, Project Pursuit Department
Proposal Engineer, Rosement Measurement Department (RMT) Shanghai, China
- Organized bidding of field instrument package for Novartis Project to acquire low cost procurement in accordance with the given technical
- Managed outsourcing for 20 categories of field instruments in Conoco Phillips Oil project to reduce budget costs by 15% and increased
- Developed technical consultation for entire range of RMT products, realized $20M in annual sales revenue.
- Enhanced clear communication channels between operation teams and customers by clearly identifying requirements and quality
- Motivated team to be positive despite intense deadline pressure by clearly identifying individual tasks, aligning tasks with people's
- Optimized and maintained customer relationships by communicating deviation and processing requires in a timely manner with related
at this job
Successfully exceeded $450,000 worth of sales in one quarter of the year.
- Proposed over $2,000,000 in sales in one quarter of the year.
- Maintained a successful sales quarter with a high volume of proposals.
- Communicated technical aspects of electrostatic precipitators to various groups and successfully facilitated pricing discussions to meet deadlines.
at this job
Proposal Engineer/product Support Engineer II
Managed, coordinated, and implemented strategies with Sales, Customer Service, Systems Engineering, and Product Planning departments for customer equipment configurations, cover letters and executive summaries
- Provided technical support to sales with customer visits for pre-bid presentation conferences
- Supported Fujitsu's Next Generation DLC FACTR, SONET OC3, OC12, and DLC systems
- Created and managed product change notices (PCN's), engineering investigation requests (EIR's), engineering complaints (EC's), equipment modification procedures (EMP's), and technical information bulletins (TIB's)
- Participated in FACTR system compliance and interoperability testing at CTDI and Bellcore regarding TR08 and GR303 interfaces for the 5ESS and DMS100 Digital switches
- Technical liaison between Japanese engineers and customers for implementation of SW and HW updates
at this job
Lighting Design and Proposal Engineer I
Five plus years of experience with several customer markets; such as industrial, K-12, University and Educational Institutions, Municipal and Military/ Federal clientele. Ensured that all engineering development and design projects adhered to all Client, State and Federal requirements and laws. A strong focus on collaborating with several internal and external departments and resources. Effectively managed project deadlines and resources.
- Manage project through stages of scope development, design and customer presentation.
- Able to effectively operate in a fast-paced, high demand work environment
- Created and revised detailed scopes of work and written reports, customer proposals.
- Delivered effective project presentations outlining project scope, details, and status updates.
- Planned project time lines; analyzed and allocated team resources with an emphasis on time management and process improvement.
- $5-8 million worth of annual project work executed.
- Established a productive working relationship with utility and incentive companies to maximize rebates and improve ROI.
- Initiated a quality control and assurance program that reduced company risk by 1%.
- Lead technical discussions/support in the specification, installation, troubleshooting and improvement of design/development process to effectively align all project team resources.
- Won 2 of the company’s highest awards: 2013 Merit Award and 2014 Chairmen’s Award
at this job
Support sales objectives by interpreting customer specifications and determining accurate and efficient customer solutions from multi-product portfolio. Product portfolio included Transport Node, Access Node, Intelligent Internet, and Power products.
- Applied pricing and costing details for strategy analysis and customer account development.
- Managed and coordinated proposal tools, templates, and processes.
- Designed complex networks to customer request and internal and external sales plans.
- Streamlined financial processes by providing price and cost models for financial analysis.
- Provided Budgetary quotes and Firm Price proposals for RUS / REA contracts.
- Validated accuracy of quote request and equipment list to ensure proposal request met departmental requirements.
at this job
Wireless Network Design and Proposal Engineer
Crafted leading edge integrated Wideband CDMA (UMTS) and LTE network solutions which assured compliance with customer specifications while meeting profit margin targets, in partnership with account teams, solutions marketing, system engineers, commercial tendering, and services.
- To increase speed and accuracy in responding to numerous iterations of a multi-year RFP for a Canadian operator over a several month period, automated the analysis of the customer's traffic data, resulting in more accurate responses and ultimately being short listed for the proposal.
- To reduce engineer workload, developed three product engineering tools and trained users in these tools, resulting in 5% increase in RFP response accuracy and significantly fewer revisions.
- Faced with an extremely tight schedule, assembled a team to reengineer a redesign of a multi-million dollar RFP for a major customer, resulting in my company being on their short list.
- To gain a foothold in a new market, designed a $4 million Wideband CDMA network sold to a Midwestern network operator, which led to additional opportunities with affiliated companies.
- Quickly learned new products, processes, and design tools in time to complete several critical RFP responses in the first half of 2007.
- Researched product engineering rules for several products and regularly explained these rules to tool developer, resulting in 99% configuration and pricing accuracy.
at this job
Maintained RFQ list and proposal department schedule. Determined requirements and developed engineering specifications for [company name]. Generated detailed sales proposals and quotes containing material and labor estimates and shop routings. Maintained pricing to insure margins and unit sales across all product lines. Developed detailed quotes for machined spare parts, purchased spare parts WIP modifications and field modifications. Organized and scheduled large field service projects and customer design reviews.
- Increased orders 35% during calendar year 2000 by introducing modular testing platforms specifically tailored to meet customer's complex new product development requirements.
- Increased sales 25% during fiscal year 2000 by working closely with customers and cross-functional project teams to consistently meet project schedules and deadlines.
- Increased proposal department throughput 300% to $41.4 M in calendar year 2000 by increasing efficiency and automating reporting functions.
at this job
Responsible for preparing bid proposals for process automation of analytical and integrated systems.
- Consulted with project engineers to determine preliminary designs for complex analyzer shelters.
- Reviewed technical specifications and generated responses accordingly.
- Collaborated with account managers to ensure customer requirements are being met with proposals.
- Assisted with preparation for and participated in Global and Local Risk Reviews.
- Lead a team of peers in an Operational Excellence project to standardize labor hours for costing purposes.
- Integrated three software tools into a single tool for use by account managers for quick budgetary quotes.
- Updated and maintained a standard systems integration pricing tool using standard engineering designs.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.