Senior IT Project Officer
Selected by program manager to take lead management role based on a solid project-management success record, for all projects involving CIS assets deployed throughout Kosovo and NATO Headquarters in Skopje, Macedonia; Tirana, Albania; and Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Defined and directed project goals, objectives, critical success factors, milestones, and risks for project completions ranging from $111K to $2.2M.
- Served as change manager, and performed secretary functions for routine Configuration Control Boards
- Selected to spearhead a $2 million lifecycle replacement project involving a cross-functional, multi-level team focused on improving theatre-wide communication.
- Recognized by the Supreme Allied Commander in Europe for superior project-management talents.
- Consistently cited by the Program Manager as "the best we have" based on project-management skills to bring projects in under budget, on time, and with superior quality.
at this job
IT Project Officer
Served as the Information Technology Project Officer charged with planning, organizing, and managing organization information technology strategies and objectives.
- Experienced with the application of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS).
- Collaborated with US Navy, US Air Force, and various Army National Guard and Reserve units to establish communications requirements.
- Engaged multiple vendors and contractors to identify, design, develop, and resource customer requirements.
- Communicated unit's objectives through scope of services/statement of work, defined project goals, constraints, negotiated costs and changes, and monitored contracts to ensure schedule compliance.
- Represented the battalion and provided project updates at weekly area meetings; wrote and briefed formal and informal reports.
- Created automated program to monitor and document project progress to ensure organization objectives were being met.
- Oversaw cradle to grave completion of 27 infrastructure projects valued in excess of $140 million while saving the government $500k by utilizing available theater resources.
at this job
Developed, planned, coordinated and executed over 15 computer systems driven Mission Command and Staff Training Exercises for Army units deploying overseas. Synchronized the efforts of multiple organizations and managed 50 personnel in providing training programs. Provided department heads critical information and plans to accomplish relevant and realistic training mandates. Performed detailed evaluations of the units' operational performance and implemented solutions resulting in enhanced performance outcomes. Served as the Knowledge Management, Information Technology and Technical Communications subject matter expert. Trained more than 200 personnel; provided hands-on instructions in the use of voice and IT applications, resulting in competent system operators prior to deployment.
- Led a 30-person team in designing and implementing an East African Community regional Disaster Relief Exercise for the multi-national Theater Security Cooperation program conducted in Tanzania, Africa.
- Consistently selected to be Exercise Control Chief, a position normally assigned to a higher ranking officer.
- Commended for creating Knowledge Management procedures and training and incorporating best practices into daily operations.
at this job
Financial Management Liaison/project Officer
- Drove satellite mobile control unit repair; $10,000 repair completed 3 weeks ahead of schedule-asset successfully deployed
- Oversaw Government Purchase Card Program $5.1 million researched and certified-zero loss of end-of-year funds
- Holiday party lead; led 27 member team, 4 fundraisers and managed $4,200 budget-secured free event for 90 unit members
- Led unit's Combined Federal Campaign fund; raised over $8,700 exceeding goal by 10%--unit received Spirit of Giving Award
at this job
Primary contact for all aspects of government contracts for innovative future submarine technologies. Reported directly to the Program Manager.
- Strategic planner, justified a $1 billion program budget in a competitive, muilt-agency environment.
- Administered and maintained a $14 million budget in future technology in the power production and storage fields.
- Awarded the Navy Commendation Medal for exceptional management; cited for excellent maintenance of all projects.
at this job
Managed the planning and execution of assigned medium / heavy fleet section acquisition projects. Assisted in managing the life cycle and all new procurement. Served as the senior maintenance and technical expert and fielded assets including refueling semi-trailers, flat racks and Palletized Load System Trailers (PLS). Tracked and completed actions for Product Quality Deficiency Report on all fielded systems. Managed programs within established, cost, schedule and performance parameters.
- Served as Project Officer for 2500 principal end items totaling $150,000 and Subject Matter Expert for all motor transport acquisitions.
- Managed testing of modified hose reel and coordinated early shipment of 40 PLS trailers for training.
- Served as senior enlisted adviser in the program office.
- Assisted in selecting companies for new contracts.
- Facilitated warranty work from the manufacture when required both state side and overseas.
at this job
Project Officer (information Management)
Worked for Vice President for Information Management to review critical projects and conduct Key Project Review (KPR) meetings with project managers to conduct 'deep-dive' reviews of projects
- Successfully facilitated a Strategic Planning Session in Chicago for the merge of 2 distributed teams (in Canada and US) within the Business Intelligence group
- Carried out a detailed SWOT analysis and initiated industry trends research for the new team and presented these ideas in a forum to the Vice President and other senior executives
- Achieved accolades and recognition from the senior management team for working collaboratively in bringing the 2 teams together
- Improved the Vice Presidents' Key Projects Review Meeting in 3 months by raising Project Managers' awareness, discipline and participation in the meeting
- Redesigned and implemented a new process for the intake of documents on department's Share Point Site, maintaining efficiency and organization of information
- Streamlined and communicated RED projects to the team by addressing project specific issues
- Overlooked the development of electronic and written materials for project management proposals, presentations and Project Status Reports
- Assisted 3 Project Managers in the creation of Project Plans, sizing estimates and timelines
- Managed the financial tracking of budgets 400 K- 1.5 MM
at this job
International Programs, Project Officer/program Analyst
Provided direct support to Senior Executive Management on the overall program aspects for the International Programs Directorate.
- Developed acquisition documents, program schedules and technical reports/briefings.
- Assisted with planning, leading, organizing, and staffing activities related to contractors, foreign nationals, military, and government.
- Interacted with multi-disciplinary teams and customers to coordinate work, ensure goals are met, products and services delivered on time and with-in scope.
- Handled cradle to grave Case management tasking which involves executing statutory and regulatory policies along with United States Marine Corps (USMC) and Army directives, instructions, policies, guidebooks and discretionary acquisition documentation.
- Analyzed, sanitized and summarized fifteen (15) plus reports on a continuous basis while offering feedback and recommendations for Foreign Disclosures to Government counterparts in relation to the International Programs team, resulting in the support of FMS, in partnership with original equipment manufacturers.
- Maintain integrated master schedules and plan for all tasks and activities for program events.
at this job
- Determine logistic objectives and goals by assisting in the development and analysis of data to identify support requirements.
- Coordinated and communicated with the logistics team and other officials for effective, efficient and economical means of support.
- Collected logistic data, recommended resolution, and presented key information and thorough review of report data. Established and maintained work priorities to meet the daily tasks.
- Coordinated and provided logistic support during Democratic National Convention while providing timely and accurate reports to State headquarters and Joint Task Force personnel.
- Collected personnel and equipment data from Task Force Organizations assigned to support National Special Security Events held during the Democratic National Convention.
- Supervise a seamless logistic support operations conducted by more than 2,000 soldiers.
- Accomplished standout levels of property accountability and reordering of equipment and supplies by continuing to be aware of logistical policies.
at this job
Project Officer Plans/policy
Served as a contributing team member, providing technical leadership in support of projects affecting the agency and other Marine Corps enterprise IT communities in accordance with established Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) guidelines.
- Completed Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) project within 6 weeks of arrival. Drafted and delivered presentations, addressed potential technical and programmatic concerns to the agency and other stakeholders.
- Managed projects in accordance with stated project objective and milestones/timelines.
- Created and executed project work plans and revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage Marine Corps Network Operation System Command (MCNOSC) Project Server Project.
- Identified resources needed and when appropriate, distributed responsibilities to manage and execute the project objective and deliverable.
- Produced weekly status reports and updated the portal as necessary.
- Incorporated the short and long term objectives, scopes and timeline along with schedule training which resulted in first ever Project Server database for the Program and Plans section.
- Assisted with the review of external policies as well as the development of internal policies and plans that were designed to ensure standardization and compliance with Marine Corps Information Technology requirements.
- Coordinated the exchange of technical and policy information between supervisor and program/project managers. Completed assigned tasks in accordance with agreed upon plans of action and before the suspension date.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.