Family Partner / Parent Educator
Identified family needs, providing assistance through community resources, case management, educational services, and parent education
- Educated parents and teens through the use of the Triple P Parenting Program, implementing evidenced based approach to more effective parenting
- Focused on early intervention and prevention as a means for families in the system in developing core values and setting goals
- Integrated the principles of the WRAParound program with families, by providing support through a strength based approach in a team planned process
- Engaged families in participating in useful activities that can build on strengthening their relationships while setting goals
- Coordinated with community providers in establishing plans for families, outlining new resources available to them
at this job
- Instructed clients in a 12 hour Birth to age 3 parenting certification course in Kent and Sussex County in English and Spanish.
- Instructed clients in a 12 hour Children Come without Instructions (Basic) certification course in Kent and Sussex County in English and Spanish.
- Translated curriculum for Spanish speaking clientele.
- Participated in in service training, workshops and public speaking events.
at this job
Home Visitor/parent Educator
Provide families with knowledge & support through strengths based, in-home visitation services focusing on pregnancy, breastfeeding, child development, nutrition, health, positive parenting & school readiness.
- Facilitate socialization opportunities for enrolled families, while also providing access to & promoting utilization of community resources
- Maintain effective communication with participating families, program director and colleagues, and community agencies
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with state & agency standards by maintaining organized client files and efficiently utilizing the on-line data entry program
- Participate in continued professional training
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.