Responsible for scheduling patient appointments, coding fee slips, verifying insurance referrals, and collecting co-payments
- Answered telephones, greeted patients, entered patient demographics
- Ensured that patients and visitors were escorted to service areas beyond reception rooms
- Performed the tasks of receiving and distributing mails and faxes on a daily basis
- Organized and maintained a clean, efficient, and confidential work area
- Secured the building at the close of each working day and performed security preventions
at this job
Interview patients to obtain medical information, and vital signs.
- Assisted doctors with minor surgeries.
- Authorized drug refills and provided detailed prescription information to pharmacies.
- Managed various general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, completing insurance forms and mailing monthly invoices statements to patients.
- Performed monthly inventory and maintained office and medical supply count.
at this job
Welcomed patients to the facility and answered non-medical questions for patients.
- Scheduled appointments and organize the facility calendar.
- Answered incoming calls and transferred to appropriate departments
- Located and organized patients records on spreadsheet.
- Educate patients about their prescriptions according to physicians orders
Creates detailed expense reports and requests for capital expenditures.
- Assessed urgency and priorities before accepting or declining appointments and meetings with the CEO.
- Screened all visitors and schedule them for Doctor's visit.
- Ordered and distributed office supplies while adhering to a fixed office budget.
- Directed guests and routed deliveries and courier services.
- Answered and managed incoming and outgoing calls while recording accurate messages.
- Greeted numerous visitors, including VIPs, vendors and interview candidates.
Learned and used Allscripts and EHR medical systems.
- Worked on EMR's.
- Greeted, registered, and collected copayments for patients once they arrived for their visit.
- Answered phones and directed calls to the correct doctor/personnel.
- Confirmed and verified insurance on availity.
- Requested patients' medical records.
- Checked patients out to ensure they received the necessary forms prior to leaving the office.
at this job
Obtained pre-certification for testing procedures.
- Boarded outpatient procedures.
- Answered multi-line phone and checked patients in and out in a high volume office.
- Scheduled and confirmed appointments.
- Ordered and managed office supplies.
Prepared and maintained the medical charts and updated them regularly
- Monitored and collected all payments made by the patients
- Administered all the communication of the office such as email and telephone
- Verified patient insurance
- Managed the inventory of the clinic and ordered medical supplies accordingly
- Scheduled appointments
- Maintained a neat and clean reception area which is in compliance with the clinic policies and procedures
- Operated and directed multiple phone lines
- Greeted patients and assisted patients with patient forms
Front Desk Supervisor/lead Medical Receptionist
- Supervised all front desk Medical Receptionists.
- Answered all incoming phone calls, scheduled and confirmed patients appointments.
- Entered correct and/or updated patient information into main computer data-base.
- Collected all pertinent documents and co-pays from patients on a daily basis.
- Maintained a safe and professional work environment.
at this job
Scheduled appointments according to practice guidelines.
- Greeted patients and visitors in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Answered heavy volume of telephone calls.
- Aided in coding of lab encounter forms.
- Assisted in medical records maintenance by entering and updating patient demographics into computer system.
at this job
Maintained patients demographics
- Obtained and maintained current prescriptions for patients to attend therapy
- Greeted and scheduled patients
- Prepared patients charts
- Reviewed treatment notes for quality assurance
- Obtained insurance eligibility and authorizations needed for patients to attend therapy
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.