Senior Lean Consultant
Provided systemic and comprehensive consulting services that took clients through the process of Value Stream Mapping of their processes to show them a path and journey required to become more efficient. This work resulted in a 100% improvement on the devan line -second production shift was eliminated (50% headcount reduction).
- Applied tools such as a Pilot Line Development, Kaizen events, training of [company name], training of line side employees that resulted in significant culture shift driving improvements of the client's production system.
- Assisted clients in developing a culture of Lean Thinking (continuous improvement, sustaining activities, problem solving, etc) that led to improved productivity, efficiency, and morale of their employees, e.g. 25% fewer rejections of anodized parts and a 33% improvement in turnaround time.
- Provided Lean production consulting and implemented cost reductions in various industries. Recent projects include automotive, furniture, heavy equipment, and citrus packaging companies. Identified an alternate packaging supplier and leveraged vendor managed inventory to reduce on hand packing materials from a 30 day supply to a 1.5 day supply. Additionally, this freed up approx 2000 sq ft of floor space and reduced the cost of on hand inventory by 85%.
at this job
Provides strategic services to senior management, management and frontline employees to reinforce and drive successful application and practice of the company's LEAN Management System. Provides strong support in cultivating an environment that encourages problem solving, critical thinking, and identifies solutions to complex problems. Executes using lean methods to promote continuous improvement, increase operating model consistency, and to engage and empower employees to enhance the value of service provided to customers.
- Headed project that influenced leadership to develop target classes and a focused agency approach to drive a 19% growth increase in new business results which met top line plan of $6.8M
- Supervised project with management team to establish productive targets and visual management metrics to close gaps in meeting top level objectives which resulted in exceeding top line objectives in 2016
- Influenced management and frontline to build out a project that implemented a new process to improve their service level agreement by 50% which surpassed customer expectations
- Selected as the only lean representative to participate on a countrywide cross-functional project team to develop a new process for how the organization will accept agent of service requests. Managed the building out of the process and drove project members to solicit customer feedback to ensure new process meets customer expectations
- Collaborates with the Northeast President by providing coaching to improve communication from senior leadership to frontline staff. Coached and influenced to achieve 100% improvement in communication
- Executes on projects that analyzes current state and closes gaps to meet strategic objectives including a problem solving tracker tool that is now used countrywide and creating workload balancing tools to identify workload inefficiencies
- Rated as exceeding expectations in 2015 and 2016 for coaching and mentoring in one-on-one and group settings to 2 Region Vice Presidents, Assistant Vice President, 10 underwriting managers, and 80+ underwriting employees.
- Works with leadership and management to capture problem solving opportunities based on customer feedback and encourages teams to target set and plan ahead to meet customer expectations
- Leads weekly problem-solving projects that define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes. Trains stakeholders to measure improvements made through problem solving and initiates problem solving efforts across the region
- Mentors employees and develops and administers training according to staff needs
at this job
Business Process Management (bpm) & Lean Consultant
- Developed and nurtured strong relationships with both the CEO and COO with a consultative, problem-solving approach that led to multiple contract extensions and a long term partnership that is still in place.
- Developed and implemented Continuous Improvement and Lean implementation strategies with the Chief Operating Officer and Business Unit Managers.
- Created detailed, technical work instructions for 10 manufacturing positions for a high growth, high volume state of the art manufacturing line that standardized operating procedures across 3 different production shifts. Trained production leadership on effective standard work format and development, and developed standard work validation audit process to improve existing business processes
- Developed and implemented a layered audit system in collaboration with multiple departments to ensure process and safety compliance for a $15 million manufacturing line that led to the identification of 200 process and operational opportunities being identified, of which 150 were resolved in a 2 month period.
- Trained and advised team members on lean manufacturing tools, processes, and best practices.
- Created visual day by hour process to track business KPI's and trained shift supervisors on implementation
- Developed training plan for all operators on a newly constructed, $15 million high volume breadstick line that led to significantly reduced employee turnover and improved startup productivity
at this job
- Responsible for facilitating continuous improvement through Lean methodology across the entire organization
- Led implementation of campus wide strategic priorities through Strategy Deployment/True North
- Led weekly leadership review and problem solving sessions of key performance indicators (KPI) metrics
- Led Lean training to new managers through day long class instruction
- Provide just-in-time training to staff and leadership while building capability that will create future Lean thinking
at this job
Executive Consultant - Senior Lean Consultant
Accountable to CEO
- Global Consultancy / Coaching to major blue chip companies for business improvement and strategy through the application of Lean Methodology and principles.
- Focus areas for 'Lighthouse' and 'Engineering' and 'Supply Chain' projects - Lean Transformations focused to Profitability and Sustainment
- Sensei style coaching on a corporate basis, working across all levels of the organisation from senior management teams to operations personnel
- Effecting sustainable measures - coaching from know what to know how, bringing both Performance and Learning goals to establish best practice and development of standards
- Major achievements such as substantial cost savings and increased performance.
- Noticeable companies inc. Daimler AG (Mercedes), Bosch, Nissan, Meijer (food), Freightliner, Grundfos
at this job
MPH LEAN Consultant (team-based)
- Collaborate with residents to streamline discharge process and decrease unnecessary days of hospital stay for patients receiving Lovenox
- Conduct value stream mapping to identify waste and inefficiencies in current work flow
- Recommendations for quality improvements to be presented to residents and senior leadership
at this job
MPH Lean Consultant
- Collaborate with residents, physicians and administrators to improve Room Utilization due to merger
- Utilize A3, fish bone diagrams, and value process maps to recognize where to remove waste
- Conduct interviews and Gemba walks to engage and gain feedback from care coordinators and physicians
- Presenting final recommendations including sustainability plan to leadership in May 2017
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.