State Public Assistance Coordinator - Infrastructure Engineer
Led eight different engineering and architectural professionals and assessed multiple client recovery situations for nine different disaster declarations with more than $100 million dollars grant awarded. Ensured Disaster Recovery Programs operated in compliance with local laws, federal regulations and policies.
- Successfully met execution of project completion in accordance with established deadlines, recouping funding ($10 million +) from previous disasters to closeout grants.
- Generated accurate project eligibility and project formulations for more than 100 applicants.
- Identified and interpreted federal regulations, uses knowledge and experience to determine method of project implementation. Worked with Benefit Cost Analysis (BCA), and FEMA internet base programs Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE) and National Incident Management Information System (NEMIS).
- Identified irregularities within state agencies and municipalities and performed analysis to quantify the discrepancies, leading to the dismissal of specific employees for fraudulent activity.
- Performed monitoring and reviewing of applicant projects through EMMIE and NEMIS systems.
- Coordinated and conducted Kick-off Meetings and Applicant Briefings along with FEMA for over a hundred applicants.
Infrastructure Engineer II
Managed project to reroute 25 connections to different space and decommission network switch that was delaying a new floor build out.
- Led meetings to discuss daily computer room night work with other engineers to ensure all work is planned out properly and completed efficiently.
- Led project, coordinated resources and scheduling to successfully upgrade over 1,000 analog trading floor phones to VOIP which impacted over 45 trading firms.
- Monitored data center temperature and capacity reporting.
- Collaborate and manage relationships with internal customers and vendors.
- Traveled to London and Belfast for office floor builds and asset tracking rollout.
- Installed over 200 RF tags and sensors to enhance the visibility of data center assets.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Supervisory engineer with a staff of five junior engineers and technicians. Responsible for the development and oversight of over 30 civil infrastructure projects in Afghanistan valued at $15M.
- Cultivated partnerships in a complex multinational environment with senior military and diplomatic personnel from six nations while managing politically sensitive matters.
- Lead engineer for multiple meetings with high level Afghan government officials which fostered successful relationships between coalition and Afghan engineers.
- Completed constructability reviews and chaired the Technical Evaluation Board for two asphalt highways valued at $2M.
- Improved Quality Assurance and Quality Control for five separate Afghan contracting firms by establishing a new QA/QC program tailored toward construction in an austere environment. Program included four QA/QC and safety courses which educated and graduated over 50 Afghan workers.
- Cradle to grave program manager for the installation of a three mega-watt power plant valued at $1.5M which included contract administration, project design constructability review, and construction management. Project completed one month ahead of schedule and within budget.
Transitioned to the Infrastructure team at management's request when multiple members of that team moved on to another group
- Constructed multiple pods of arrays utilized by the Test Execution team during nightly automation runs
- Configured various types of network switches and terminal servers during pod assembly
- Created and modified virtual VMWare servers through VSphere
- Helped design the infrastructure for the newest version of the pod
- Documented the construction of a test pod which was used by external customers to construct their own testing environment
- Created documentation for multiple infrastructure tasks so that co-workers would be able to solve small scale infrastructure problems on their own
at this job
Infrastructure Engineer I
Recruited as an Infrastructure Engineer after a year consulting engagement with [company name]., to implement and support business-critical, enterprise-wide initiatives for a diverse array of technologies. Served as technical lead and provide guidance for infrastructure architecture, hardware analysis.
- Designed and instituted email and domain controller systems for remote offices suffering from high latency issues providing increased stability and productivity.
- Conceptualized, created and maintained a 7 billion dollar per year Wire Transfer platform with 100% uptime utilizing backup and failover processes to support transactions for Corporate Client Services and Trust business lines. Instituted a firewall to segregate the Wire environment from the corporate network to mitigate security threats from worms and viruses.
- Introduced and implemented Distributed File System, (DFS), which reduced administrative tasks and disruptions of services.
- Member of the Exchange team where duties included server builds, Exchange installs and administration including two migrations of Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and later to Exchange 2003.
- Led a backup team which began with ArcServe and individual tape drives that later migrated to Veritas BackupExec with tape libraries.
- Assisted with a project to decommission Novell servers allowing for the decommissioning of the token ring network.
Managed multiple healthcare application/database/development SaaS datacenters in New York City remotely using remote desktop and planned onsite deployments as needed.
- Provided remote and onsite support for other engineers during major deployments at 12 other datacenters throughout country to assure systems were ready for new clients.
- Resolved network performance problem for 200+ clients by implementing new switches Diagnosed infrastructure problems using Solarwinds monitoring application.
- Planned, configured and deployed Imperva 6500 and 2500 web application firewalls in all datacenters. Worked closely with development team to resolve SQL code that was causing false positives with new firewall devices.
at this job
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Conducted in-depth IT Infrastructure site surveys and delivered detailed site survey reports on behalf of the US Army Reserve Command Headquarters at Reserve Centers throughout the country. Responsible for coordination of on-site meetings, completion of comprehensive site surveys, and post-survey documentation.
- Prepared thorough checklists, reports, and Visio drawings, documenting circuit and network equipment, capabilities, and faults after each site survey.
- Consistently delivered survey documentation packages ahead of schedule and provided timely information on site specific requirements, facilitating streamlined modernization planning.
- Customized existing checklist and report templates, which led to more accurate and efficient surveys and documentation.
Network Infrastructure Engineer
Responsible for infrastructure planning and related Cisco and Juniper communications for main offices supporting around the world including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN appliances and site-to-site VPN designs.
- Audited all network infrastructure devices and removed all unnecessary configurations. Documented network flow hardware, and IP addresses with Microsoft Visio software.
- Designed, implemented and maintained redundant network backbone cores to provide maximum uptime for services.
- Implemented IT network projects: Installed, configured and maintained network services, hardware systems and peripheral equipment/devices
- Monitored the network performance regularly to improve performance and functionality.
- Monitored network/software security - Controlled access to the IT network and updated security programs as a part of the security procedure.
at this job
Senior Infrastructure Engineer Specialist
Configured and certified Windows 2012 R2 Server operating system for use and distribution throughout the Cigna environment.
- Documented Windows server build processes and run books.
- Provided 3rd level support for the Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 Server operating systems.
- Developed and maintained automated server build process for virtual environment utilizing PowerShell, PowerCLI, VMware, and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). The automated server build process provided consistency of servers being deployed to the Cigna environment and allowed for quicker turnaround time for the Application Support teams in receiving a fully functional server.
- Worked directly with Microsoft vendor to troubleshoot Windows server issues.
- Assisted with introducing new technologies to the Cigna environment.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Windows servers, as it related to Security Patch Management, Privileged Access, etc.
Network Infrastructure Engineer
One of 4 network engineers that designed and implemented a new infrastructure for the largest brick manufacturer in the mid-west United States. Our objective was to build a network that could support the J.D. Edwards ERP system and a migration strategy for the existing NT 4.0 network to Windows 2000.
- Contributed to a network team to migrate Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
- Responsible for assembling IBM e-series enterprise servers and installing Windows 2000/2003 operating system.
- Supported the network enterprise which consists of two AD forests and five domains
- Duties included the configuration and support of all network infrastructure equipment including, but not limited to: Windows servers, PC's, routers, switches, VPN Concentrators, and PIX firewalls across a five building campus LAN.
- Assisted with the management of all Windows 2000/2003 active directory integrated forests, domains, DNS, DHCP scopes, WINS, OU's, e-mail accounts, access rights, and permissions for the enterprise.
- Solely tasked with the management and support of an 83 site WAN via IPSEC-VPN / GRE tunneling. The solution allowed for the implementation of EIGRP dynamic routing across the WAN.
- Designed, configured, and supported wireless LANs including, but not limited to: Cisco Aironet, Cisco 350 wireless bridge, Linksys wireless access points, etc.
- Created and maintained all network documentation, diagrams, and labeling.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.