FLIGHT TEST ENGINEER – C-130h PERFORMANCE and FLYING QUALITIES
Responsible for monitoring real-time Safety of Test (SOT) and Safety of Flight (SOF) paramenters including wind and runway conditions for ground and flight missions. Led the test team in creating analysis software for the C-130 legacy and 8-bladed propeller performance test program. Mentored and trained a team of four junior engineers on planning, testing and analysis techniques across five different programs.
- Consistently recognized in performance reviews for superior skill and leadership capability.
- Recognized for skill in coaching fellow engineers in achieving a 5% reduction in fuel burn and improving C-130 engine life.
- As the Keystone weight and balance engineer, analyzed 67 flights a $4M test program, validating a 5% reduction in combat-takeoff roll.
- Consolidated test reference conditions for the C-130 propeller program, which resulted in 50% fewer tests saving $77K.
- Co-authored the 8-blade C-130 report with detailed analysis of 100 sorties and 150 flight hours, which verified the achievement of an additional 10% thrust, and improved Antarctic takeoffs.
- Internally developed and validated a takeoff simulation for new and existing C-130 propeller configurations, thereby eliminating the need for contractor-related costs.
at this job
Flight Test Engineer
- Performed in-flight data recordings via aircraft instrumentation system of next generation infrared countermeasure system for fix-wing aircraft.
- Designed a dynamic simulation test matrix and planned flight profiles to predict next generation infrared countermeasure system effectiveness for fix-wing aircraft.
- Drafted a data management and analysis plan describing methods the test team used to collect, manage, process, reduce, analyze, and report test data.
at this job
M600 Flight Test Engineer
Identify resource requirements, constraints, and risks
- Developed test plans, test cards, pre-flight briefings and post flight briefings.(FAA/Company)
- Executed test cards as part of flight crew.
- Manage Flight Test Engineering releases, define test requirements and Test plans.
- Support test program reviews of Instrumentation, maintenance and test planning
- Coordinated with aircraft engineering and maintainers to ensure the aircraft configuration meets requirements.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.