Volunteer Event Organizer
- Organized [company name] Signature Head-Shaving Events in 2013, 2014, and 2015, raising over 75,000 dollars cumulatively.
- Managed volunteers, including registrars, treasurers, barbers, shavees, and emcees during the day of the event.
- Coordinated donation solicitation days and volunteers assisting with requests.
- Worked with venue owners and management to plan event details and specifics and develop additional methods of fundraising.
- Oversaw raffle, bake sale, cornhole tournaments, shaving schedules, live auctions, and comedy shows on and around the day of the event to raise additional funds.
- Created posters and flyers, communicated with local news organizations, and appeared on WNCN to raise awareness for the event.
- Was responsible for all online promotion, including creation of content on Facebook, Twitter, and other various social media sites.
at this job
Back Server/event Organizer
- Assisted in setting up and organizing large events.
- Assisted up to 500 people in a single event.
- Made sure everything ran properly.
- Performed other duties such as assisting managers and other employees through extremely busy schedule.
at this job
Regional, National and International Event Organizer
Plan, implement, manage and evaluate more than 50+ U.S. and international (Germany, France and England)
meetings, conferences and events ranging from 250 to 540 attendees.
- Arrange and coordinate all on-site logistics, including transportation, accommodations, meals, guest speakers and audiovisual support.
- Monitor/track registration, and negotiate aggressively for rooming rates that maximize ROI for attendees.
- Work closely with convention/hotel departments to ensure SLA's are met as agreed upon by the sales office.
- Manage eight specialized service teams. Determine performance metrics and provide feedback, training and development. Project-manage multiple cross-functional teams.
- Plan room layouts and event programs, schedule workshops and demonstrations.
- Build and maintain relationships with convention vendors. Resolve issues throughout meeting event timelines.
- Audit and prepare comprehensive post-event evaluations and reports.
- Fluent in French, Persian and English.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.