Audio DSP Engineer
- Researched & designed high performance and quality digital audio mixer with digital sampling-rate converters for ASIC, designed Half-band Polyphase Filter using the optimal method (nearly four times faster than conventional 1:2 FIR filters), 3rd-degree Polynomial Approximation Resampler (four multiplications per output for 147:160) both with a SNR of 92 dB. US Patents 6000834, 6728584, 5963153, 5986589.
- Designed Digital Audio Graphic Equalizer and Tone Controller.
- Developed ADPCM audio compression
at this job
DSP Engineer Intern
Wrote test program "test_obsync" in X-Midas signal processing framework to validate performance of "obsync" symbol synchronizer over wide range of parameters and impairments
- Tabularized results from tests for quick and simple understanding of "ob_sync" performance
- Created alternate symbol synchronizer "sync_bits" using pre-existing X-Midas primitives and methods
- Formed test program to validate performance of "sync_bits" based on similar metrics of the "test_obsync" program
at this job
Research Scientist/dsp Engineer
- Developed an Optical Coherence Tomography system for examination of biological constructs. Required optics design, analog circuitry design, support equipment definition and setup, and significant software and DSP effort. System utilized an Innovative Integration DSP board utilizing a TMS320C6701 DSP in conjunction with a A/D module. Significant code generated in Code Composer, Microsoft Visual C, and MATLAB. Code written for real time power spectral density calculations, stage motion control, data transfer, and resultant image processing. Designed and developed FPGA code in VHDL.
- Developed image processing techniques and algorithms for automated feature recognition, stereo vision, and real time tracking. Prototyped algorithms in MATLAB for migration into Microsoft Visual C and Code Composer.
- Served as team leader, overseeing activities of junior engineers over a wide variety of technical projects.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.