Vice President of Finance & Administration, Corporate Secretary
Promoted to newly developed title after proven ability to lead and strategize. Led due diligence and conversion processes from inception to completion of sale transaction. Oversaw cross-functional team of 8 to 12 staff, including accounting, finance, administration, and internal IT functions. Developed internal audit function, transitioning process internally. Directed management of corporate office and manufacturing facilities. Established KPIs for franchise operations and internal performance reviews.
- Improved accuracy of budget forecasts and rolling cash flows by 60%.
- Reduced overall expenses by 50% over five years.
- Coordinated national conference increasing vendor participation by 30%, reducing Corporate cost accordingly.
- Selected to chair in-house Green Committee and franchisee Green Task Force.
- Launched inventory cycle count program eliminating full physical requirement saving $25k annually.
at this job
General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
Formed company's first legal department; report to Baker's president as part of Baker's extended leadership team; supervise 12 professionals
- Supervise the drafting, negotiation and execution of over $800 million in annual contracts
- Created and implemented the company's first Code of Ethics program
- Co-created and implemented the company's Crisis Management Program
- Managed, coordinated and favorably resolved complex federal and state litigation and arbitration to avoid potential material adverse impact on the company
- Worked with business development and operations teams to expand the company's geographical footprint, by identifying customers and closing acquisitions, and helped facilitate securing new projects worth over $300 Million.
- Manage compliance with FAR and other government regulations and agencies, including Dept. of Labor/OSHA, Dept. of Energy (facility security officer with "L" clearance on nuclear projects), and local/state governments (formed several MBE/DBE partnerships).
at this job
Corporate Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary
for leading provider of Information Technology solutions to the health care industry.
- Advised executives on securities matters, corporate governance, debt indentures, preferred stock certificate of designation, general corporate law issues, litigation portfolio and general employment law issues.
- Supervised two attorneys and paralegal; managed outside counsel and budget.
- Drafted corporate disclosure Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, proxy statements, and corporate governance policies; managed employee stock benefit plans administration.
- Managed outside counsel in connection with the acquisition of an Australian medical software developer and acquisition of a computer consulting provider.
- Documented private placement of $100 million preferred stock offering.
- Drafted and negotiated employment and separation agreements.
at this job
Assistant Corporate Secretary
Directed corporate governance and compliance support to the Boards and management of PSEG and 130+ domestic and international subsidiary companies, overseeing a staff of four. Served as Secretary of 12 and Assistant Secretary of 65 PSEG system companies with over 10,000 employees. Coordinated and attended 90+ Board, Audit, Corporate Governance, Disclosure, Finance, Generation, Organization and Compensation, and Risk Management Committee meetings annually. Prepared associated agendas, meeting books, materials, minutes and resolutions. Prepared responses to regulatory audits and discovery requests.
- Led re-staffing and rebuilding the department that lost 60% of staff during an unsuccessful merger.
- Streamlined and improved Board and Committee processes, revised Corporate Governance Principles and Committee Charters, benchmarked and implemented best practices, and reduced department costs by over 10%.
- Conducted research and maintained corporate books, records and governance databases (Blueprint).
- Developed a compliance agenda and tracking system that greatly enhanced regulatory and governance compliance.
- Specialized in Proxy preparation, reviews, and Director and Officer Questionnaire processing.
- Conducted SEC, SOX, NYSE and jurisdictional compliance reviews and filings.
- Planned and coordinated annual stockholder meeting activities and administered stockholder proposals. Wrote sections of Chairman's remarks.
- Directed development of Corporate Secretary Procedures Manual and knowledge transfer program.
at this job
Executive Assistant/corporate Secretary
Provided executive-level support to the President, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, and the Board of Directors, while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. Served as a liaison among board members, executive management, management, and administrative staff to ensure proper communication.
- Prioritized and managed the President's calendar and daily activities to improve the efficiency of operations.
- Coordinated board and management meetings, high-level conference calls, special events, and travel arrangements for top executives.
- Prepared material and transcribed minutes for board and management meetings to ensure an accurate record of meetings.
- Composed professional correspondence, created and maintained reports, managed office equipment and supplies, reviewed invoices and expense reports prior to approval. Special projects as assigned.
at this job
Executive Assistant - Support to Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary
Maintained calendar for CEO and effectively monitored and implemented time management strategies.
- Drove sales and profitability through improved customer service.
- Successfully motivated employees toward productivity and performance.
- Created procedure manual for office staff; including standard marine loan procedures and documentation for customer financing.
- Implemented safety compliance manual and weekly on-site inspections.
- Eliminated over spending producing higher profit margins by reducing over-purchasing and inventory control.
- Maintained banking relationships to ensure optimal financing options for customers.
- Performed accounting functions including A/P, A/R, Payroll, financial reports/statements.
at this job
Executive Assistant, Corporate Secretary, Facilities Manager
Arrange, attend and transcribe all board and executive meetings held on a monthly and weekly basis
- Administrative support to all executive staff including scheduling appointments, typing correspondence, contacting customers, arranging travel and meetings
- Secretary to the Board of Directors including administrative support, scheduling meetings and arranging travel
- Created board committee packages then converting to a pdf package with distribution on a monthly/weekly basis for all meetings
- Managed facilities for four locations and created a system working with vendors and negotiating contracts that resulted in improved efficiency in maintenance.
- Oversaw the build-out of an annexed office space made suitable for a department to move into by working with contractors and vendors
- Member of Business Continuity Team resulting in improved knowledge for the employees on safety and procedures in case of disaster
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.