Recruited by the CFO to manage the financial operations of a single-family office with total net assets exceeding $550 million. Directed & managed a finance department responsible for the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis, budgeting, tax returns and compliance.
- Served a key role in the company's reorganization, and integrated new accounting system.
- Developed and implemented operational, financial and compliance policies and procedures.
- Established intercompany transfer pricing policies and pricing model.
- Developed and maintain the company's first budget and forecasting models.
- Consistently managed the timely completion of monthly & annual financial statements.
- Led the Company through its first audit.
at this job
Provide hands-on, day-to-day management of key accounting systems, processes and controls, and timely and accurate reporting to chief executive officer and board members.
- In 2009, expertly assumed responsibilities of the CFO's departure from the company.
- Conceptualized and prepared financials, business planning, and monthly board presentations. Coordinated preparation of external audit materials and financial reporting.
- Orchestrated all human resource functions, including recruiting, staffing, compensation, and benefits. Also developed and administered human resources policies, procedures, practices, performance measures, coaching, and counseling.
- Created and administered effective methods of delivery for all company-training programs.
- Edgar - SEC filing of securities, Peliton Software filing of 10Q and 10K.
- IFRS Reporting.
at this job
Managed an Accounting team of two employees, including A/P, A/R, Billing, Collections and monthly G/L reporting
- Reviewed and approved all disbursements prior to weekly check runs
- Reviewed and improved efficiencies of all processes within Accounting and ensure adequate internal controls
- Coordinated month-end financial closing process including oversight of journal entries and review of account reconciliations and financial statements
- Performed analytical reviews of monthly financial statements and provided other financial analysis as required by the CFO
- Provided technical accounting expertise to the CFO as requested
- Performed special projects as assigned by the CFO
at this job
Provided Controller and Accounting services for a $6 Million [company name] Franchise, operating 80 store fronts in Texas, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Seasonal employment ranged from five employees in the off-season to 350 tax preparers at the beginning of the tax preparation season. The affiliated companies prepare more than 20,000 individual income tax returns each year.
- Supervised and performed Accounting, Payroll and Bank Reconciliations for four separate companies.
- Prepared and Managed Cash Flow and Line of Credit activities.
- Assisted Owner by providing financial information for acquisition of a new line of credit for one million dollars.
- Provided historical and forecasted financials for potential purchasers of portions of the business.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.