- Completed third party market salary surveys.
- Conducted job evaluations and internal equity analyses for new and existing jobs; provided market data and recommended pay grades, ensuring department ladders were consistent and grades were appropriate.
- Maintained master job code table for six hospitals within the University of Maryland Medical System; assigned appropriate job codes based on availability and department; acted as the primary contact for job code creation
- Identified and resolved data inconsistencies, such as multiple exemption statuses and/or grades.
- Assisted in ensuring job descriptions met legal requirements, including FLSA and ADA.
at this job
Compensation Specialist to Manager
- Designed and implemented the company's first base pay structure, redesigned field and corporate pay plans to include key metrics that supported new open compensation philosophy and HR strategy.
- Authored the first comp guidebook and built custom, automated performance appraisals tied to the financial database.
- Designed and administered executive and LT incentive plans to ensure competitiveness and business strategy alignment.
- Led salary survey resource selection, preparation and job analysis that saved thousands in survey costs.
- Monitored and approved daily salary, equity and promotion increases for all employees within lean budget.
- Performed detailed market analysis, collaborated with managers to attract, hire and retain the best teams.
- Served as surrogate Benefits Manager providing basic benefit and equity administrative support.
at this job
Executive Assistant/workers Compensation Specialist
Executive Administrative Assistant to both the VP of Operations and Sales Director. Overseeing and administering all related duties of the sales process from prospect, to client onboarding, and client follow up.
- Responsible for overseeing all administrative duties of the Workers Compensation department.
- Assisted management in developing client service agreements, new business set up forms, on-boarding administration, new hire orientations, direct deposits, and "rollout" sales meetings.
- Coordinated the payroll and benefits for all new clients.
- Trained, coached, and mentored new workers compensation department employees.
- Managed and developed the company's workers compensation claims system and client/vendor communication protocol.
- Administered and completed all insurance certificates, exclusions forms, and declaration documents.
- Department Lead in assisting auditors with generation of payroll reports, tax documents, business information, etc. in compliance with extensive third party auditing process.
- Managed all funding payroll reports, reconciliation of benefits bills, organized client funding, and filing of all workers compensation claims with various carriers.
- Monitored all claims to ensure employees were returning to work in a quick and timely manner, in accordance with the company's Return-to-Work policy.
at this job
Compensation Specialist / IBM Corporation
Delivery Project Lead for IBM's Performance Bonus and Performance Management Programs, as well as previous Project Lead for IBM's Salary Increase Planning Cycle, Pay Equity Programs (Base Pay, Employee Stock Option and Awards) and OFCCP audit support
- Consultant on program delivery, communication and process requirements
- Project plan management and resource planning, work delegation, training and mentoring
- Interface between IBM's process owners, HR I/T and application development group on issues related to change management, business control processes, user acceptance testing, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Project updates to IBM in relation to emerging trends, planning application issues, program statistics and recommendation for future process improvements
- Team member on projects for Fidelity's Corporate Compensation Practices Group involving job classification validation and salary analysis of Fidelity's Securities Processing Group in NYC and New Jersey (2004) and Client Service Management positions (2005)
at this job
Compensation Specialist - Sam's Club and Walmart Field Management
- Assisted in multiple wage increase implementations for Field Management Associates
- Validated data to ensure correct information was utilized
- Managed changing priories between [company name] and Sam's Club
- Involved in Incentive testing and the payout process for Field Management Associates
- Completed the required testing for CMT for Sam's Club and [company name] Field Management
- Resolved outstanding pay opportunities due to any changes in an associate's record
- Reviewed and approved GAIN actions
- Communicated with various levels of management regarding sensitive information
at this job
Workers Compensation Specialist
Investigate, evaluate,negotiate and settle litigated and non-litigated lost time files.
- Conduct and complete 3-point contact (claimant, insured & Providers) within 24 hours.
- File all necessary Workers Compensation Board Forms; prep files for litigations.
- Determine initial reserves for new medical and loss time claims to ensure that all bills & wages were paid.
- Determine the need to refer Case Management to ensure claimant’s needs are met.
at this job
Mgr. Learning Development & Diversity, Injury Compensation Specialist, Human Resources Specialist
Mgr. Learning Development & Diversity, Injury Compensation Specialist, Human Resources Specialist (Training), Information Technology Trainer, and Confidential Secretary
- Managed 13 employees; coordinated, trained and tracked training for 13,000 district employees; monitored training facilitators and four (4) training facilities; facilitated training and meetings, mentored and functioned as Mgr. Human Resources; developed strategic action plans to achieve district goals; managed multiple projects; designed and marketed informational seminars; developed and facilitated both computer and soft skills training; coordinated and consulted with contractors and vendors; produced reports, letters, charts, and tables using technology and a variety of software packages; planned and coordinated on and off site meetings and training sessions
- Managed workers' compensation claims, including investigations, challenges, third party recovery, identified fraudulent activity and captured savings; assisted claimants in securing medical attention, enabling them to return to work
- Teach various level English courses in traditional, online, hybrid, and Open Entry Settings
at this job
Advisor Compensation Specialist
- Ensure 500 advisor's compensation is paid correctly and timely by supervising insurance pay rates and schedules, which include checking accuracy of information and fixing issues as necessary
- Independently process and oversee the company's Solicitor Referral Program commissions, approximately $1.5M quarterly
- Handle and adapt tracking spreadsheet adopted by the entire department, which involves guaranteeing commissions are paid on time and submitting bimonthly money movement and commissions outstanding reports to maintain correct balance in the three main company operations accounts
- Proficient in the use of applications such as: UltiPro, iPipeline software (Agency Integrator), Pivotal CRM, DocuPace, Advisor Compensation System software
- Became the subject matter expert (SME) for the insurance advisor pay systems, handling 1816 individual accounts with a 99.9% accuracy rating
- Consistently acquire monthly recognitions and awards for teamwork, innovation, task orientation, timeliness, accuracy, and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
at this job
Sr. Payroll & Compensation Specialist
Responsibilities include administrating and monitoring of compensation and incentive items that are equitable, cost effective and ensure the attainment of corporate goals for employees, including non-exempt, exempt professional, management, and executive.
- Responds to employee questions regarding compensation programs, ensuring timely and accurate processing of compensation, and testing of plan design changes impacting compensation system applications.
- Subject matter expert that is responsible for the design, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the company's performance evaluations system (ePerformance).
- Perform any special audits or other projects the manager determines are necessitated by special circumstances.
- Monitor salary administration program performance evaluations, range adjustments, etc.
- Ensure accurate reporting of corporate financial information to support corporate decision making as related to the merit budget.
- Receive inquires and requests for assistance from employees, managers and executives throughout the company on matters related to compensation, payroll, and /or performance evaluations.
- Update system configuration and maintaining relevant tables.
at this job
Hr/unemployment Compensation Specialist
- Maximized my position from support to lead role within weeks and gained responsibility for the companies 44 states of operation regarding unemployment.
- Mentored and trained support staff.
- Streamlined the state weekly wage audit requests from a bi-weekly format to a Sunday through Saturday format, through building positive interdepartmental relationships.
- Owned and met deadlines, daily and consistently.
- Reduced unemployment costs by analyzing company-wide unemployment data, through connecting with our third-party vendor experts, educating our HR contacts, making the necessary adjustments to our claims approach; improving our overall win rate.
- Turned complex medical information into straightforward easy to understand written language.
- Led unemployment training calls with HR Coordinator’s and HR Managers.
at this job
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours