- Provided academic counseling and planning services to a diverse student population including: IEP students, ESL students, first generation college student, and students of low socio-economic status
- Monitored and evaluated students educational progress by conducting academic progress audits
- Assisted with the planning and implementation of: student orientations, program information sessions, program forums, academic workshops, proposal writing for college tours and other related events
- Identified current and potential needs or problem areas (e.g., study skills, tutoring, time management, etc.) and referred students to appropriate site resources for assistance
at this job
- Participated in student recruitment/selection process; prepared needs assessments and academic support plans.
- Advised assigned students and student groups, planned and presented classes, seminars, workshops on personal development and/or college/career planning.
- Planned and implemented social/cultural enrichment activities, accompanied student groups on local and out-of-town field trips.
- Monitored/documented student performance. Advocated on students' behalf as necessary. Interacted with the larger Marquette and Milwaukee communities as appropriate to create the best possible educational environment for assigned students.
- Identified, recruited, and selected participants. Organized academic, personal development, peer counseling, and social, career, and/or pre-professional activities. Served as advisor to assigned student groups and facilitated group activities. Assisted in developing and implementing the summer program.
- Maintained appropriate records of student contacts and service delivery. Attended scheduled staff meetings and student activities. Served on action committees and assisted with special projects.
- Recruited, interviewed, and trained summer staff and fall/spring tutoring monitors.
- Supervised summer, fall, and spring staff.
at this job
Support students on college search & college application
- Assist students with FAFSA & TAP applications, loans, grants, and scholarships
- Assist with SAT Registration
- Review transcripts to track students' graduation requirements
- Set up and maintain a database of tests and report card grades for students
- Organize trips for the HS juniors and seniors to various CUNY campuses
at this job
Upload Your Resume for a Free Critique
- Get personalized feedback on improving your resume to land more interviews.
- See how you resume performs in automated scanners most employers use.
- Delivered in 48 hours