Sr. Citrix Architect Engineer (contract)
Responsible for research, development, deployment and oversight of Citrix Products to support Hunstman's global environment. Applications range from standard off the shelf to custom line of business applications that are accessed by users in data centers in the United States and around the Globe.
- Provided technical assessments of new software and provided specifications on requirements for implementation in Citrix or non-Citrix environments.
- Provided 3rd level oversight and support for large enterprise 5.0 farms that are completely virtualized through Provisioning services on VMware 4.0 environment.
- Completed and reported findings for due diligence on current XenApp Server environments.
- Reviewed issues and provided support and resolution documentation.
at this job
Citrix Architect / SME
- Conducted assessments of customer end-user-computing environments.
- Design and deployment of Citrix proof of concepts
- Designed automated VB and PowerShell scripts for XenApp Server farm buildouts.
- Architected and implemented Microsoft, Citrix and VMware solutions, with focus on Virtualization using VMware ESX/vSphere and Citrix products (XenApp, XenDesktop, XenServer, NetScaler, EdgeSight, Profile Management, StoreFront, Web Interface, Provisioning Services etc.) in medium to large customers.
- Designed and implemented the production and disaster recovery infrastructures.
- Designed, installed, configured, and troubleshot Citrix NetScaler devices in the support of NetScaler Gateway, Clientless VPN and SSLVPN implementations.
- Application sequencing using Microsoft Application Virtualization (APP-V).
- Basic database configuration for Citrix databases with SQL Server.
- Interface with end-users and application testers to troubleshoot and debug application configuration and deployment issues.
- Worked with customers and project managers, identified deliverables and delivered milestones and checkpoints, organized and maintained the project tasks.
at this job
- Serve as Technical Team Lead for a 5 member Citrix Team.
- Oversee a Citrix Virtualization farm consisting of over 1000 servers in multiple datacenters running on ESXi VMware hypervisors.
- Led the project for Citrix provisioning, converting the major applications to Citrix provisioned servers load balanced between two
- Led the project migrating from Citrix PS 4.5/5.0 to XenApp 6.5
- Design all Citrix virtualization projects including writing statements of work, compiling a bill of materials, and presenting to C-Level
- Coordinate with multiple teams to complete projects, and write documentation.
- Build ViSIO documents detailing out each component of the Citrix infrastructure and how it connects to every other system.
- Provide tier 4 support when needed, including participating in an on-call rotation.
- Design group policies for all virtualization servers
- Optimized Windows servers for best performance using automated scripts
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.