Vice President / CIO
Member of Management Executive Committee for regional personal lines insurance company. Establish and maintain long range automation vision; direct planning, implementation and support of information system projects and production processing in alignment with corporate directives and strategies to ensure timely and cost effective processes are developed and maintained. Plan for staffing needs, manage and direct 29 personnel, contractors/vendors and user community to deliver timely proactive I&T services. Representative accomplishments include:
- Coordinated Home Office relocations (2) and consolidation of corporate headquarters resulting in an annual expense savings of $1.8M.
- Coordinated facilities/property management re: logistics/administrative support services, users/vendors/consultants relationships.
- Directed planning and project management of multiple strategic initiatives, e.g. selection and implementation of systems innovations/replacements, infrastructure improvements, risk management, data security/privacy controls, etc.
- Established/reinforced operating structure providing systems availability at 99.9% standard across user community, including performance monitoring, SPAM filtering, desktop management software improvements, and higher speed internet access feeds.
- Reduced I&T headcount by 20% over 10 years despite increased projects and complexities of systems supported in company.
at this job
Work directly with CTO for all ERP, Web, and Custom Applications reporting to COO and CEO including planning, training, and full data scrub for 2015 Microsoft Dynamics AX conversion
- Implemented NCR Silver POS for over 600 US [company name] Retail locations
- Analyze Sales Data against current Inventory for PLC trends. Collaborate with buyers, sales, and franchise system for faster turns and reduced obsolescence
- Consultant with Logistics during UPS whiteboard strategy sessions to identify efficiencies with freight costs, customs, and times in transit
- Increased Custom Case Production from under 1,000 cases per week to 5,000 cases per week. Net profit increase from $1,200 in Jan to $43,000 in April. Worked with IT to develop software that eliminated 2 positions, increased production time, and decreased order completion time.
- Reduced Warehouse and Case Production payroll over […] in 2 months while keeping same service levels
- Recognized and adjusted retail and wholesale order interfaces to reduce non-fulfillment rates. Rates dropped from 4% to less than .5% annually
- Designed and implemented applications for Leasing, Custom Case production, Warehouse pick tickets, Drop Ship Vendor integration, Wholesale Ordering, POS dashboards, and custom online reporting.
at this job
CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER (cio)
Top ranked IT/information security executive and partner to the executive leadership team at APS. Accountable for the performance of 500+ employees and an annual budget of $150M.
- Initially hired as General Manager and was named CIO 7 months later.
- Immediately addressed a disconnect between IT and internal business units by transforming IT into a consultative force that rebuilt relationships, developed long term growth strategies, and provided improved decision support.
- Built out governance and structure to support a tight information security environment that is cyber security vigilant and protects delivery of power to the state of Arizona.
- Currently implementing several key initiatives including the integration of IT into APS' business plan, a new billing system that will improve efficiency 50%, and a 20/20 vision that targets major systems upgrades designed to drive the utility of the future.
at this job
A $140M international specialty retailer supporting over 75 cultural-attraction partners in North America and Europe. Partnerships included The American Natural History Museum, The Alamo, and The Smithsonian. Reporting to the CEO, directed the IT, business systems, ecommerce, operations, and cross-functional ERP implementation teams to delight internal customers, cultural partners, and consumers.
- Managed the needs assessment, solution options identification, consensus building and selection process, project planning, software negotiations, software development, team-building, and rapid project implementation of a global ERP and Point-of-Sale system solution (MS Dynamics NAV/ LS Retail) – live end-to-end in 10 months;
- Identified development partner, negotiated project, built the team, and led the outsourced transition of 50+ web sites to a new common platform – significantly improved customer confidence and experience reducing cart abandonment by 50%;
- Designed and led the development and implementation of a business intelligence OLAP solution with multiple data cubes providing near real-time analysis and reporting of sales and inventory to the retail planning and operations team;
- Remediated legacy retail store operations PCI non-compliance infrastructure with key partners and created the long-term corporate-wide infrastructure resolution plan;
- Led the negotiation and remediation of a $1.6M BSA legacy software infringement claim, eventually resolving the issue without penalty and with less than $20K in legal fees;
- Renegotiated freight terms for the direct-to-store parcel supply-chain resulting in $150K annual savings.
at this job
Vice President - CIO
Mid-size, boutique [company name] (100 person) consulting group which quickly grew to over 400 road warrior IT consultants. Existing mobility support technologies, operational/financial systems were inadequate to support planned growth. Managed IT team of 18 fte and $5M operating budget.
- Built an aggressive Information Systems team which implemented new PeopleSoft HRM/ERP, billing, and collaboration system to replace 'shoe box' oriented project and accounting tools.
- Introduced 24x7 remote user support which improved consultant remote operations, and helped reduce consultant turnover from 32% to 18%. Monthly close, including all consultant hours and invoicing, reduced from 34 to 5 days.
- Absorbed administrative support, and corporate real estate function, overseeing all facility acquisitions, contract negotiations, TI build-outs, operations, and administration. Introduced facility outsourcing strategy which reduced costs by 70% leading to annual cash savings of over $5M.
- Initiated IT Governance Steering Committee to ensure IT investments were understood and supported, especially with 400 IT 'experts' as internal customers
- Led the effort to receive initial SAS70 and HIPPA certifications, and was key member of initial SOX404 implementation.
at this job
Business Management Senior, Office of The CIO
Consistently implements keen analytical abilities and a proven team-based work dynamic with a systems-oriented approach to facilitate efficient and effective solutions. A critical thinker open to alternative views to optimize decision-making.
- Created robust and Industry validated Key Performance Indicator tracking for an IT department of 1700 employees, 900 Consultants and an annual operating budget of $280M.
- Developed, managed and implemented cooperate and IT division level strategic plans that resulted in over $2M of operational expense savings while improving Delivery and Availability
- Rolled out successful tools for resource and labor management for multi-level scalable production with a focus on change management and workforce optimization.
at this job
Accountable for IT strategy, investments, service delivery, and budgets for US Biofuels business in. Tasked with delivering IT infrastructure, systems, and operations to support development of 25 commercial ethanol plants and corresponding farms.
- Developed five-year IT strategic roadmap in partnership with business leadership and agreed supporting budgets (c. $15m up to $30m-plus per annum)
- Established IT organizational structure to deliver and support business growth
- Engaged with counterparts across global [company name] Alternative Energy, Refining, Chemicals, Upstream, Functions, and GOI to leverage standards and common tools
- Completed SAP implementation for first commercial plant while developing Biofuels template
- Represented IT on US Biofuels Leadership Team
at this job
Executive Assistant to Cio/sr. Vice President
Provided a high level of support to CIO and VP's within the IT area communicating with both international and domestic departments to ensure that IT departmental efforts were handled effectively and discreetly with the utmost confidentiality
- Served as a point liaison for senior executive management, clients and vendors to ensure proper lines of communication
- Maintained positive relationships with clients and colleagues at all organizational levels
- Performed a variety of key level functions to include: high capacity calendar management, coordinating meetings and events, handling of internal and external mail correspondence, corporate travel and expense reimbursements
- Ensured that cost savings measures are met with travel, expenses and office supplies on an ongoing basis
- Executed all correspondence regarding Visa, Passports and all related travel documents for International employee travel
- Provided direct assistance to Vendor compliance in regards to issuance of clearance surrounding background checks and drug screening for new hire employees and contracted vendors.
at this job
Administrative Assistant to CIO
Provided training and guidance to employees on various software applications, administrative, and corporate procedures
- Planned, established, and coordinated definitive travel itineraries and conference schedules for division officials
- Prepared expense reports for division personnel
- Coordinated weekly meetings for the division
- Ensured proper clearances were obtained
- Effectively managed and prioritized multiple tasks while providing support to management
- Provided general administrative office support, including, but not limited to, word processing activities and maintaining electronic and physical files, procuring supplies, shipping and receiving, and coordinating incoming/outgoing correspondence
at this job
VP, Chief Procurement Officer and CIO
- Upgraded global, Sourcing/Procurement function, including engineering hires, product line leads and sourcing management training that delivered annual, net savings of $30+ million.
- Established Sourcing offices in Shanghai and Chennai.
- Recognized as a 2008 "Pro to Know" by Supply & Demand Chain Executive magazine.
- Designed and implemented global, IT Governance program.
- Implemented global, single instance of SAP and Primavera (project management) as well as global standard for product life cycle management, Team Center.
- Implemented consolidation of Outlook, Share Point and VOIP with first year savings of $1+ million.
at this job
Free Professional Resume Critique
We have partnered with TopResume to bring you a FREE resume critique service. Upload your resume and within 48 hours TopResume will email you a detailed analysis of what hiring managers and automated systems think of your resume – and how to improve it.