Quantity Surveyor Cover Letter
Quantity Surveyors work in the construction industry and are primarily responsible for the costs and contracts involved with a construction project. Typical duties and responsibilities include conducting studies on a project’s time and labor costs, Analyzing material costs, coordinating supply deliveries, Valuing labor, paying laborers and advising contractors on legal and contractual issues.
The following abilities and qualifications are listed most in Quantity Surveyor cover letters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or Construction Management
- Proficiency in construction math
- Financial acumen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- ASPE certification
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational Skills
- Analytical skills
- Detail orientated
- Written and verbal communication skills
Check out the sample Quantity Surveyor cover letter below to see how to showcase these abilities and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Quantity Surveyor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Kawamoto,
I am writing you to apply for the position of Quantity Surveyor. My Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science and two years of experience as aQuantity Surveyor with Crest Construction have taught me the skills I need to make an impact at your organization.
My professional experience includes developing project budgets and ensuring all the moving parts of a given project are completed on time and on budget. I would love the opportunity to use my skills to help Bryant Construction grow and prosper.
The following is a list of my most relevant accomplishments and qualifications:
- Conducted studies to determine size and scope of construction projects
- Assessed the value of the labor associated with the tasks of a given project
- Developed project timelines and budgets
- Evaluated and coordinated the purchase and delivery of construction supplies
- Documented daily labor hours and processed payroll each week
My excellent organizational skills and ASPE certification are two of the qualities that separate me from candidates with comparable qualifications. If you’re interested in exploring whether I’d be a good fit for your organization, then I’d love to schedule an interview. Give me a call at your earliest convenience.
Hilda S. Dorman