Program Manager Cover Letter
Program Managers work in the technology industry. In this case, the word “program” refers to software programs. Program Managers are tasked with ensuring that the products that a software company produces are reliable and effective.
When applying for a position in program management, a candidate must have a strong cover letter to accompany his or her application. A detailed cover letter that lists a candidate’s skills and accomplishments will help him or her stand out amidst a potential sea of applicants.
A Program Manager’s job description will incorporate skills like the following:
- Support, coordinate, and manage enterprise-level communication
- Provide feedback and auditing for large-scale software releases
- Leverage project management knowledge across the organization
- Deliver and manage projects to ensure an appropriate balance between tactical and strategic planning while providing continuous growth and Improvement
What follows is a sample cover letter for a Program Manager that incorporates some of the experience required in order to be qualified for the position. Also, be sure to check out our extensive Program Manager resume samples.
Dear Mr. Anthony Mason,
With a proven background in Program/Project Management leading technical and administrative management for end-to-end IT services, I have delivered quality solutions for top organizations in government, DoD, and civilian sectors. I possess a record of success analyzing operations, then designing and instituting PMO methodologies that work to improve efficiency and reduce costs. I possess expert skills in planning, monitoring, reporting, resource management, quality, and risk management. I have consistently delivered large scale projects over $1M on time and on budget.
My leadership style focuses on engaging team members to communicate, dynamically solve problems and deliver the highest quality solutions. I have led cross functional technical project teams with 50+ members and multi-million dollar budgets. I am currently seeking to assist your organization as a Senior Program Manager.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Co-authored proposal and bid for $49M performance based contract to implement a full scale IT service delivery operation in 120 days with very aggressive service level agreements (SLAs) for the Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
- Provided leadership and oversight for a complex $200M GSA GITGO program, in order to streamline networks, servers, and users under 49 separate contracts down to 1 contract and IT Service Desk, providing more cost efficient cradle to grave, 24X7 technology support for clients.
- Developed 150+ ITIL compliant Standard Operating Procedures incorporating restructuring of resources supporting national infrastructure computing systems.
I am adept at listening to clients’ needs, then delivering the best designed solution. My unique background makes me a strong leader for major change projects. I have devoted my career to developing proven project and program management strategies in order to meet or exceed client expectations.
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an introduction to my skills and background. For a more detailed presentation of my offerings, feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to schedule a conference. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.
Mr. Patrick Garrity