Professional Accountant Cover Letter
Professional Accountants handle a range of financial and accounting tasks for businesses, including records management, statement analysis, audits, and overall fiscal oversight. Strong analytical talents and a meticulous attention to detail and accuracy are essential for success in this role, as are strong computer competencies and leadership skills.
Cover letters for Professional Accountants often include mention of the following types of abilities and qualifications:
- Financial systems and records
- Risk assessment/analysis
- Fraud detection/prevention
- Payroll, general ledger, journal entries
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Account reconciliation
- Month-end closing
- Regulatory compliance
A sample cover letter follows, detailing similar skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Professional Accountant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Schubert:
When I learned of Locket Factory’s need for a Professional Accountant, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an analytical and focused accountant with extensive experience performing comprehensive accounting and financial responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From performing accounts payable and receivable functions and reconciling accounts to processing payroll and handling month-end closing activities, I excel in skillfully performing a broad range of accounting responsibilities. My demonstrated success—along with my expertise in adhering to regulatory and policy guidelines—prepares me to make a significant impact on your accounting team.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing payroll accounting, AP/AR, general ledger, journal entries, reconciliation, accruals, and fixed assets while providing a superior level of service and ensuring top-notch accuracy.
- Preparing and producing comprehensive financial reports, audit paperwork, and detailed fiscal statements.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Possessing keen proficiency in diverse software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, Great Plains, and numerous ADP systems; complementary proficiency in GAAP principles.
With my experience in general accounting operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and organizational skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service to Locket Factory as your next Professional Accountant. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Christopher J. Durham