Personal Care Assistant Cover Letter
Personal Care Assistants provide support to individuals who need help with daily activities in settings such as hospices, senior centers, care facilities, and client homes. Job duties one should expect as a Personal Care Assistant include helping with personal hygiene, administering medication, collaborating with medical staff, cooking and serving meals, doing light housekeeping, organizing activities such as reading or playing games, and offering advice to clients’ families.
Employers select cover letters emphasizing the following skills and qualifications:
- Personal care experience
- A caring and friendly personality
- Physical fitness and the ability to lift patients
- Effective communication
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Time management
- Reporting skills
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter demonstrating comparable job qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Personal Care Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Gonzalez:
Upon review of your posting for a Personal Care Assistant to join your team at Well Care Center, I hastened to submit my resume for your consideration. With more than 11 years of experience providing comprehensive patient care and support in day-to-day tasks and basic activities, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume and explore the ways in which I can make a positive impact on your clients’ lives.
My experience includes providing compassionate service to disabled and/or chronically ill patients, performing a range of daily tasks to ensure coverage of routine health and life duties. With expertise in coordinating multiple activities and services to ensure the highest level of quality care, I excel at performing diverse responsibilities—such as medication administration, laundry, bathing, and errands—to enable caregivers and family members to focus on their loved ones.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Providing personal care and support to diverse patients as a Personal Care Assistant with Livelong Medical and Wellness Center, performing tasks such as meal preparation, toiletry, personal hygiene, transportation, errands, and social stimulation and companionship.
- Delivering best-in-class service standards of one-on-one care to meet each individual patient’s unique needs and requirements using my outstanding communication and interpersonal talents.
- Communicating with caregivers, families, and health care providers to ensure appropriate patient treatment and offer support and encouragement in stressful and emotional situations.
- Certified in BLS and CPR; completed formal caregiver training program in 2007.
With my background in providing general support for in-need patients—coupled with my superior levels of empathy and patience—I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your goals in this position. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this opportunity in further detail.
Alicia M. Smith