Optical Assistant Cover Letter
Optical Assistants assist optometrists with a broad range of tasks to ensure top-level patient care and service. Typical activities performed in this role include basic eye testing, lens and frame recommendations and fittings, medical data compilation, and recordkeeping. A solid understanding of basic optometry knowledge and superior interpersonal skills are important in this role.
Our collection of cover letters for Optical Assistants reveal the following skills and qualifications to be of value:
- General vision care
- Basic optometry/eye testing
- Insurance authorization
- Scheduling and appointment management
- Customer/patient service
- Supply/inventory management
- Front desk reception
A sample cover letter for an Optical Assistant with comparable qualifications and experience follows.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Optical Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. O’Donnell:
When I learned of your search for a new Optical Assistant to join your clinical team, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. As a skilled and customer-centric professional with more than six years of experience supporting optometrists in both clinical and administrative functions, I could make a significant contribution to O’Donnell Vision in this role.
Performing basic eye tests, recommending lenses and frames, and gathering patients’ medical information—along with providing accurate and thorough customer attention to stimulate repeat and referral business—define my career accomplishments. My expertise in a wide variety of testing procedures and measurements makes me ready to vitally impact your team’s performance at O’Donnell Vision.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Serving as a comprehensive source for all aspects of optometry care and support as an Optical Assistant with LensCare Seattle, from testing and fittings to repairs and customization; able to assess and resolve a broad range of optometry concerns.
- Communicating effectively and openly with clients to ensure appropriate product, correct fit, and maintenance, resulting in optimum levels of client service and retention.
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of insurance plans; authorizing procedures and educating patients on their optical coverage.
- Utilizing fastidious attention to detail to achieve precise, proper equipment and minimize unnecessary operating costs and patient inconvenience.
With my keen knowledge of basic optometry operations and my dedication to excellent patient care, I am ready to extend my record of success with O’Donnell Vision. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Nathan P. Anaya