Nurse Assistant Cover Letter
Nurse Assistants are employed by hospitals or nursing facilities and work under the supervision and guidance of medical staff. Common job duties of a Nurse Assistant include answering intercom systems to attend patients, helping patients with personal hygiene, serving meals, collecting food trays, preparing patients for examinations and procedures, moving bedridden patients to prevent bedsores, cleaning patient rooms, and collecting specimens for tests.
A successful candidate for Nurse Assistant should be able to mention the following skills and abilities throughout his or her cover letter:
- Basic nursing knowledge
- Medical teamwork
- Stamina and physical fitness
- Being able to lift and move patients
- Good observational skills and attention to details
- Effective communication
- The ability to follow instructions
Those interested in a Nurse Assistant position can check comparable job experience and qualifications in the cover letter sample provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Nurse Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hartshorn:
As a skilled and dedicated Nurse Assistant with 7+ years of experience providing critical services and support to patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care positions me to substantially assist your facility in meeting, or surpassing, its healthcare goals.
My experience encompasses assisting patients with daily living, bedside, and general nursing-related tasks. From testing blood pressure and recording vital signs to helping with daily hygienic tasks and documenting fluid and food intake, my dedication to providing vital assistance to diverse patients and improving their quality of life positions me to excel in this role. In addition, my ability to accurately track patient information, communicate effectively with cross-functional staff, and provide emotional support and companionship to patients and their caregivers are certain to make me an immediate asset to your team at Clearview.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Supporting patients with critical tasks including bathing/grooming, clothes and bedding changes, meal delivery and clean-up, and physical exercise.
- Utilizing thorough knowledge of medical conditions and services to assist in delivering medications, treatments, and procedures to patients.
- Keenly observing and monitoring patients’ emotional, mental, and physical conditions, documenting changes and informing medical care teams as appropriate.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of nursing practices, laws, regulations, and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Demonstrating outstanding time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Earning credential as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in 2009.
With my expertise in assisting with the care and treatment of a variety of patients, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your nursing team as your next Nurse Assistant. I look forward to discussing this opportunity further.
Thank you for your consideration.
Barbara B. O’Toole