Molecular Biologist Cover Letter
Molecular Biologists perform various studying pertaining to biochemical processes within living cells. They are deeply involved in hands-on laboratory support and operations, including instrument maintenance, database management, and team collaboration. The completion of a degree and advanced coursework in topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and cell physiology is required.
Successful cover letters for Molecular Biologists include mention of the following types of skills:
- Sample extraction and analysis
- Assay analysis and interpretation
- Laboratory instrument calibration
- Inventory management
- Performance/results evaluation
- Regulatory/safety compliance
- Quality control/assurance
A sample cover letter for a Molecular Biologist with similar experience and qualifications follows.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Molecular Biologist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Harrington:
I am submitting my resume for the position of Molecular Biologist available on your team. As a skilled biologist with nine years of experience ensuring top-flight quality control and regulatory compliance while performing various biochemical testing and validation projects, I am confident in my ability to make a significant contribution to your company.
My professional experience includes performing day-to-day laboratory operations to ensure the achievement of highly accurate results for various biochemical and microbiology studies. With my educational background and my dedication to optimizing laboratory results through superior collaboration and leadership skills, I am in an excellent position to impact performance at Silo Systems.
performing and documenting laboratory support activities, like required maintenance and calibration for laboratory instruments, databases, and tracking and managing inventory in accordance with laboratory procedure; and evaluating laboratory performance of the assays with extensive analysis of assay characteristics, sensitivity, and specificity.
The following are some highlights of my qualifications and experience:
- Excelling as a Molecular Biologist with Ultrax for the past nine years; currently supervising laboratory operations, compliance, data review/approval, root cause analyses, and project coordination to facilitate biological studies focusing on cancerous cell reproduction.
- Managing laboratory functions such as assay analysis, instrument calibration, inventory control, documentation, and data collection and bench work.
- Achieving a Master of Science in Biology and completing complementary advanced coursework in chemistry and cell physiology at the University of Ohio.
- Demonstrating a consistently solid work ethic and sense of personal responsibility throughout my professional tenure.
My keen knowledge of molecular biology testing, review, and validation—along with my ability to effectively lead all facets of laboratory operations—will allow me to help continue and expand the success of Silo Systems. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss this opportunity, and my qualifications, with you in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Candice J. Joseph