Manufacturing Engineer Cover Letter
Manufacturing Engineers design and improve the complex integrated systems that make up the production process. These systems typically involve machine tools, robots, and computer networks. Work activities for Manufacturing Engineers include purchasing and installing system parts, repairing and maintaining equipment, diagnosing and correcting production problems, designing new system and process frameworks, negotiating with vendors and presenting system productivity reports to non-technical stakeholders.
Below is a list of the most common skills and qualifications sought by employers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Manufacturing acumen
- Proficiency in CAD / CAM circuit design
- Proficiency in product development
- Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving skills
- Logic and reasoning
- Written and Verbal communication skills
Check out the Sample Manufacturing Engineer cover letter below to see how many of these skills and qualifications are highlighted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Manufacturing Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr Johnson,
I am writing to express my interest in the position of Manufacturing Engineer. As a Manufacturing Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and three years of experience creating and managing production systems, I know I can be a great asset to your organization.
My professional experience includes completing all of the day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining manufacturing systems. I think that my professional and educational background make me a solid candidate for Mite Manufacturing.
Below are my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Liberty Technical Institute
- Developed new system blueprints using CAD software
- Developed system maintenance SOP
- Saved employer expenses through re-negotiating vendor contracts
- Crafted manufacturing productivity reports and presented findings to stakeholders
In addition to the above qualifications, I am also a competent writer and and sound decision maker. If you think my skills are a fit for your company, then let’s set up an interview at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Crystal R. Calles