LPN Cover Letter
LPNs or Licensed Practical Nurses have a complex job, including the following roles: providing nursing care, managing healthcare services, advocating for patient rights, educating patients, counseling patients and their families, and taking part in research studies. Typical job duties of a LPN include admitting and discharging patients, providing support to physicians, supervising junior nursing staff, preparing patients for procedures, maintaining records, and completing clinical tasks as assigned.
A sample cover letter for LPN should showcase the following qualifications:
- Clinical skills and nursing expertise
- Bedside manners and a caring personality
- Stamina and resilience
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Being able to interact with all kinds of people
- Computer competences
- Infection control knowledge
- Adhering to health and safety standards
Below is provided an example cover letter displaying similar LPN skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive LPN Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Bennett:
Upon learning of your posting for an LPN at Meadowvale Nursing Care, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic nursing professional with experience providing direct and indirect care to a diverse patient base, I will be an excellent addition to your team in this role.
With a Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma complemented by more than four years of experience supporting RNs and CNAs in comprehensive patient support tasks, I am excited to take on new challenges and look forward to the opportunity of establishing a lasting commitment to Meadowvale. By acquiring key experience in both home- and facility-based patient care, my background has prepared me to excel as your next LPN.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Demonstrating solid experience in medication administration, vital signs, condition assessment, wound / trache care, catheter placement, patient data documentation, and daily living support.
- Interacting effectively and efficiently with doctors, peers, patients, and families to assess needs, identify appropriate treatments, and achieve goals.
- Demonstrating superior leadership, time management, and organizational skills.
- Utilizing warm, friendly, and articulate communication style to establish trusting patient and peer relationships.
The combination of my dedication to the nursing field and my compassionate, professional nature continues to define my abilities. I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your needs and how my skills can contribute toward your team’s objectives.
Rosetta M. Copeland