Lecturer Cover Letter
Lecturers work for higher education establishments and are in charge for teaching a specialist subject area. Aside from instructing students, Lecturers also have research and administrative duties. Examples of Lecturer tasks include: preparing and researching lectures, organizing and invigilating examinations, taking part in staff meetings, attending academic events, tutoring students, developing teaching materials, and participating in continuous professional development activities.
A cover letter sample for Lecturer should focus on the following qualifications:
- A special interest for a particular research area
- High motivation and enthusiasm
- Research skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and multitasking
- Interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide range of people
- Original thought and analytical skills
- Computer competences
Those interested in a Lecturer position can check similar skills and experience in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Lecturer Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Veloz:
It is with pleasure and great interest that I submit to you the enclosed CV in application for your posting for a Lecturer. With more than 11 years of experience instructing university students while simultaneously leading administrative and research activities, I am positioned to make a significant and positive impact on your school in this role.
My background includes outstanding teaching experience at the University of Delaware, instructing first- through fourth-year students to stimulate information interest and retention while invigorating classes through the use of new technologies and models. I have received commendation from university leadership, faculty peers, and students for my dedication to teaching excellence and my commitment to ensuring outstanding student experiences. Furthermore, I hold a Doctorate degree from the academically rigorous Pennsylvania State University.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Instructing a range of courses—spanning introductory through thesis-level content—for classes of up to 145 students.
- Developing and presenting weekly lectures, leading discussion sections, grading assignments, maintaining student records, creating and updating course websites, and overseeing teaching assistants.
- Consistently achieving an average ranking of 4.8 out of 5 for “quality of teaching” in student experience surveys.
- Serving in an active role on numerous academic committees while concurrently advising senior students on research projects and continuing academic endeavors.
- Performing in-depth research studies, conducting interviews, analyzing results, and presenting qualitative and quantitative data; publishing 14+ articles (as both author and co-author) in reputable academic journals.
With my experience and credentials, coupled with my superior communication and leadership skills, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of research and teaching at your university and become an integral member of your faculty team.
I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Laura J. Gallagher, PhD