IT Engineer Cover Letter
IT Engineers meet their organization’s technological needs by installing, configuring, testing and fixing software, hardware and networking tools. The primary functions of an IT Engineer include monitoring the performance of various IT systems, researching new technological advances, designing or obtaining new software and hardware, troubleshooting existing software and hardware and maintaining their organization’s IT systems as a whole.
Our selection of resumes for IT Engineers typically include the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Voluntary certification in relevant areas
- Extensive and up to date knowledge on the latest technologies
- Familiarity with common software and hardware
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- 2+ years of experience
The cover letter below highlights similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive IT Engineer Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be an IT Engineer, check out our more complete IT Engineer Job Description.
Dear Mr. Lee:
I am submitting my resume for the position of IT Engineer. With a bachelor’s degree in computer science, five years of valuable experience, numerous voluntary certifications and an unwavering team spirit, I believe that I would be an asset to Amethyst Tech.
My professional experience includes monitoring and recording system performance, troubleshooting various problems, maintaining several organizations’ IT systems for a consistent level of reliability, working closely with my colleagues, researching new technology and successfully implementing that technology in my organizations’ IT network and systems.
The following represent some highlights of my experience and qualifications.
- Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of New Mexico
- Became a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), AWS Certified Solutions Architect and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Progressed through consecutive positions as an intern and Junior IT Engineer
- Successfully devised and implemented dozens of IT solutions
- Continued to improve my education through extensive industry research
- Identified several previously undetected network problems
- Installed new hardware and software for various organizations
I hope to be able to bring my passion for technology, can-do attitude and in-depth technical knowledge to the Amethyst Tech team.
I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.