Graduate Assistant Cover Letter
Graduate Assistants complete a variety of administrative duties in academic institutions. This role is usually part time and involves working with multiple faculty departments. Examples of work responsibilities of a Graduate Assistant include: supervising and coordinating student employees, attending student organization meetings, helping to develop materials for courses, supervising computer laboratories, assisting faculty members with research projects, assisting with office outreach and communication, and completing duties as assigned by the management team.
A successful example cover letter for Graduate Assistant should mention the following qualifications:
- Being a degree-seeking student in a graduate program
- A good academic record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer competences
- Organizational skills
- Problem-solving orientation
A Graduate Assistant cover letter sample displaying similar skills and abilities is presented below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Graduate Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Putlinger:
If you are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and reliable individual for your next Graduate Assistant, please consider my enclosed resume. As a post-graduate student pursuing my degree in psychology with excellent communication and time management skills, I am confident in my ability to outperform your expectations for this role.
With my dedication to providing comprehensive support to a diverse student base, I am prepared to excel in organizing student projects and events, assisting in course material development, supervising laboratory sessions, and performing additional tasks as needed. Complemented by my academic record of excellence in the liberal arts with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, I am positioned to motivate and inspire students of all levels and delivering overarching support to your classes.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Currently excelling in my junior year of post-graduate study in Psychology with a specialized focus in Organizational Psychology.
- Performing extensive research in conjunction with peers and professors, contributing to academic papers and supporting professorial publications.
- Demonstrating a strong aptitude in problem solving, interpersonal relations, and various technological programs.
- Possessing a breadth of understanding of a range of administrative tasks, including records management, phone and email support, and spreadsheet / presentation development.
With my proven track record of exceptional academic accomplishments along with my fervent interest in leveraging my skill set and experience to make a positive impact on students’ university experiences, I am certain to make a significant contribution as your next Graduate Assistant. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Miranda T. Hunter