Front Desk Supervisor Cover Letter
Front Desk Supervisors oversee staff, operations, and processes in customer-facing environments, often in the hospitality sector. The ability to train and coach employees, a strong knowledge of customer service techniques, and a focus on ensuring outstanding guest experiences are all essential to success in this role, as are superior leadership and interpersonal skills.
Typical areas of strength for Front Desk Supervisors that are often reflected in cover letters include:
- Staff hiring and mentoring
- Training and development
- Performance evaluation/review
- Guest service and satisfaction
- Billing and records management
- Budget management
- Industry best practices
- Sales and marketing strategies
- Upselling incentives
A sample cover letter for a Front Desk Supervisor follows below, with comparable abilities and qualifications included.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Front Desk Supervisor Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Front Desk Supervisor, check out our more complete Front Desk Supervisor Job Description.
Dear Ms. Zebrowski:
Upon learning of your search for a new Front Desk Supervisor, I was anxious to submit my resume for your review. As a highly experienced and motivated manager with more than 12 years of experience in the hospitality sector, I am well prepared to significantly contribute to Gateway Hotel’s goals in this role.
My background includes overseeing front desk operations, staff, and processes to drive business and guest service success within established, highly regarded hotels. From training and coaching employees and managing budgets to evaluating staff performances and maintaining hotel brand standards, I excel at supervising teams, propelling revenue enhancement, and stimulating maximum levels of guest service and satisfaction. With these talents, coupled with my excellent communication and problem-solving abilities, I am confident that I can make a significant and positive impact on your hotel.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Measurably growing guest satisfaction scores and improving overall guest experiences during consecutive positions as a Front Desk Supervisor/Officer with the Hilton and Hampton Inn over the past 12 years; leveraging effective sales and marketing techniques while driving outstanding customer service through excellent team building and leadership.
- Developing, implementing, and leading a new employee training program at the Hilton, educating staff on brand standards and internal procedures and utilizing a points system for ongoing performance assessment.
- Receiving numerous awards throughout my career in recognition of superior leadership talents and exceptional guest service.
- Facilitating additional operations—including revenue management, billing, upselling, and staff recruitment and development—to optimize hotel performance.
- Unfailingly attending to guest requests, complaints, and general inquiries with a professional and courteous demeanor.
My management skills within the hotel industry have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
James S. Bibb