Fire Fighter Cover Letter
Fire Fighters are responsible not only for responding to emergency situations, but also for increasing fire safety awareness. Specific job duties of a Fire Fighter are taking emergency calls, rescuing trapped people and animals, giving first aid, ensuring personal safety, cleaning sites, taking part in training, maintaining their level of physical fitness, and educating the public on fire safety issues. Incidents that Fire Fighters attend are fires, floods, road accidents, terrorist attacks, rail and air crashes, and spillages of hazardous substances.
Our collection of example cover letters for Fire Fighters reveals the following job requirements:
- Physical fitness and stamina
- Effective communication
- Being able to stay calm during stressful or dangerous situations
- Decision-making and sound judgment
- Attention to safety
- First aid knowledge
Comparable skills and qualifications are visible in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Fire Fighter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Locke,
If you are looking for a motivated first responder and leader with the stamina, training, and drive to succeed, my qualifications make me an excellent match for your opening for a new Fire Fighter. With seven years of experience in wildfire emergency response and management, I am confident I would make a strong contribution in this role.
My strength lies in my proven commitment to protecting lands and assets threatened by wildfires. Throughout my career I have honed my skills in general firefighting techniques while working collaboratively with fellow crewmembers to contain wildfires and mitigate damage. In addition, I possess exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as a talent for forging strong relationships with both peers and senior leadership at all levels.
Highlights of my strengths include…
- Excelling throughout seven-year career with the Bend Hot Shot crew, providing vital support in more than 80 wildfires across Oregon, Washington, California, Nevada, Idaho, and parts of Canada.
- Earning a reputation for a rigorous work ethic, high energy, equipment expertise, and fervent job dedication.
- Operating fire engines, chainsaws, GPS units, pumps, radios, data entries, and hand tools.
- Evaluating and safely removing hazard trees posing a threat to potential fire spread as well as other fire fighters.
- Assisting in directing crews towards incidents in a safe and organized manner.
- Demonstrating expertise in using radio communication to dispatch police, fire, helicopters, state patrols, ER facilities, and command staff.
- Providing operational support including performing vehicle maintenance checks, stocking inventory, cleaning equipment/tools, producing incident reports, and managing paperwork.
I am confident my background will be extremely beneficial to the Coeur d’Alene Hot Shot crew, and I look forward to leveraging my experience and skill set to contain and manage wildfires across the region. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.