Financial Controller Cover Letter
Financial Controllers are usually employed by corporations to make sure that everything in the accounting apartment runs smoothly. Successful candidates are very good with numbers and have extensive experience in the financial sector. Essential duties of a Financial Controller are reporting to managers, participating to audits, analyzing books, preparing regulatory reporting, assisting month-end and year-end close processes, ensuring quality control of financial transactions, documenting business processes, and directing the preparation of the budget.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters for Financial Controller, essential job requirements include:
- Financial control experience
- Accounting expertise
- Accounting software familiarity
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
- Time management and multitasking
- Deadline orientation
- Good understanding of business environments
- Attention to details
Comparable Financial Controller skills can be consulted in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Financial Controller Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Gomez:
As an analytical and experienced senior financial professional with more than 14 years of experience leading a broad range of accounting and controller responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed expectations as your next Financial Controller.
From managing comprehensive accounting tasks and analyzing financials and budgets to leading system implementations and producing detailed financial reports, I excel in performing and directing all accounting and financial concerns. My success in efficiently managing cash flows—along with my expertise in improving and updating internal controls and processes—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization in this role. Furthermore, I excel at coaching and leading high-performance teams to ensure maximum accuracy and productivity.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing financial analyses, reporting, payroll, regulatory and tax filings, and risk management to realize optimal cost efficiency and containment.
- Forecasting and administering budgets of up to $22M while identifying areas for cost reduction and measurably increasing annual revenues.
- Improving internal processes—such as transitioning to more efficient accounting software system—to facilitate more accurate and efficient operations.
- Excelling within time-sensitive, fast-paced atmospheres while resolving issues and motivating teams to achieve maximum productivity.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting; currently pursuing MBA degree through the University of Vermont.
With my experience in leading corporate accounting operations, combined with my interpersonal and organizational skills and my extensive technological proficiencies, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing how I am prepared to make a strong contribution in this role. Thank you for your consideration.
Mary J. Jeffers